National Assembly Bills, 2022
- The Wildlife Conservation and Management (Amendment) Bill, 2022.
- The Wildlife Conservation and Management (Amendment) (No. 2) Bill, 2022.
- The Basic Education (Amendment) Bill, 2022.
- The Unemployment Insurance Authority Bill, 2022.
Legislative Supplements, 2022
- The Microfinance Act—Exemption.
- The Legal Aid (General) Regulations, 2022.
- The Legal Aid Code of Conduct for Accredited Legal Aid Providers, 2022.
- The Bribery Regulations, 2022.
- The Public Finance Management (National Government) (Amendment) Regulations, 2022.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation has re-appointed Kennedy Gatheru as a member of the Kenya Dairy Board, for a period of three (3) years, with effect from June 3, 2022.
LAND & ENVIRONMENT SECTOR
Completion of local physical and land use development plan
- Title of Development Plan E21/90/3—Proposed Site for Jua Kali Sheds. A copy of the plan has been deposited for public inspection free of charge at the office of the County Director, Physical Planning at Trade House, Embu.
Environmental Impact Assessment
- The Ministry of Water, Sanitation and Irrigation through Coast Water Works Development Agency proposes to construct a 787m long and 10.5m high zoned rockfill dam in Makamini area, Kinango Sub-county of Kwale County. The scope of works will entail: construction of a 9m high earth dam (738m long and 6m wide crest, approximately; 300,000m³ volume of earthworks); a spillway of 28m length with a design inflow of 288m³/s; draw-off system with a capacity of 0.03225m³/s; a water treatment plant (WTP) with 2800m³/day capacity, a rising main approximately 710m long and 255m diameter; 3 clear water tanks each with 1000m3 capacity.
- Kenya Electricity Transmission Company (KETRACO), proposes to develop a 76 kilometres (km) 220kV Malindi—Kilifi double circuit line with a wayleave of 40m — 20m on both sides from the centre line, a new 220/132kV substation at Kilifi and installation of 1X23 MVA 132/33kV transformer at existing Malindi Substation. The components of the project will include construction of 220kV double circuit line from Weru (switch station) to Kilifi, establishment of a 220/132kV substation at Kilifi and construction of 220KV switch station at Weru. This will also include a 132kV link from the proposed 220/132kV substation at Kilifi to the existing 132kV Kilifi Sub-station.