The following papers were laid at the Table of the House among others:
- Reports of the Departmental Committee on Finance and National Planning on its consideration of:
- The Poverty Eradication Authority (Amendment) Bill (National Assembly Bill No. 13 of 2020); and
- The Tax Appeals Tribunal (Amendment) Bill National Assembly Bill No. 19 of 2021.
- Reports of the Departmental Committee on Administration and National Security on its consideration of:
- Public petition regarding insecurity in Saku Constituency and the larger Marsabit county
- Public petition by residents of Wajir and Garissa Counties regarding lack of access to citizen registration services.
- Public petition regarding recognition of Pemba people of Kenya as the citizens of the Republic of Kenya.
- Public petition regarding amendment of the Fire Arms Act, Cap 114.
- Reports of the Select Committee on Member Services and Facilities on establishment of a Parliamentary health services unit.
- Legal Notice No.114 relating to the Public Service Performance Management Regulations of 2021 and the explanatory Memorandum from the Public Service Commission.
- Annual Report and financial statements of the TIVET Curriculum Development Assessment and Certification Council for the year ended 30th June 2020.
- Reports of the Departmental Committee on Education and Research on its consideration of:
- The Higher Education Loans Board (Amendment) Bill (National Assembly Bill No.29 of 2020); and,
- The Higher Education Loans Board (Amendment) Bill (National Assembly Bill No.37 of 2020.
- Report of the Departmental Committee on Lands on its consideration of:
- Public Petition of Residents of Tetu Sub-County regarding resettlement of squatters of Tucha Kiandangoro Forest on Solio Ranch Village.
- Public Petition by residents of Ndindiri, Makata and Kaole Village in Chasimba Ward, Kilifi South Constituency, regarding disposition of land belonging to residents of Ndindiri and Kaole villages.
- Public Petition by residents of Chidondo, Junju, Mrima and Bodio villages of Kilifi South Constituency regarding resettlement of the residents.
Nomination of TSC Members
The House received a Message from the President on the nomination of persons to the office of member of the Teacher Service Commission (TSC). His excellency the President, having received the report of the selection panel appointed vide Gazette Notice No. 6205 of 2021 has nominated the following persons for appointment as members of the TSC:
- Dr Nicodemus Anyang
- Christine Kahindi,
- Sharon Kisire
- Anneta Wafukho and
- Salesa Abudo.
The message and the curriculum vitae of the nominees was referred to the Departmental Committee on Education. The President requested that the nominees be considered on a priority basis due to the central role of the commission in the education sector and noting the unprecedented nature of the early learning and basic education calendar for the years 202, 2021 and 2022.
As such, the Speaker indicated that noting that the House will proceed on its normal long recess from 20th August, 2021 in accordance with its published calendar, the committee should expeditiously notify the nominees and the general public of the time and place for holding the approval hearings and thereafter, upon conclusion of the hearings and adoption of its reports submit the same to enable the House to consider the matter within the statutory timelines.
The Senate is currently in recess and will resume on 07th September 2021.