Legislative Supplements, 2020
- The Public Service Superannuation Scheme Act – Commencement
- The Income Tax Act—Exemption
- The Kenya Deposit Insurance Act—Amount Payable as Protected Deposit
- The Nutritionists and Dieticians (Entry Requirements)(Training Institutions) (Amendment) Regulations, 2020
- The Competition Act—Exclusion
- The Public Health (Covid-19 Sale of Alcoholic Drinks) Rules, 2020
- The Crops (Nuts and Oil Crops) Regulations, 2020
Senate Bills, 2020
- The County Vocational Education and Training Bill, 2020
- The Persons with Disabilities (Amendment) Bill, 2020
National Assembly Bills, 2020
- The Sexual Offences (Amendment) Bill, 2020
- The Cabinet Secretary for National Treasury and Planning has appointed William Okari Masita to be the Managing Trustee of the Policy Holders Compensation Fund.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Devolution and Arid and Semi-Arid Lands has appointed members of the Board of Trustees of the Local Authorities Pension Trust.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Co-operatives has appointed member of the Board of Kenya Animal Genetics Resource Centre
- The Director Public Prosecutions has revoked the appointment of several Public Prosecutors for all cases arising in all County Governments formerly Municipal Council and County Council.
TRADE AND MANUFACTURING SECTOR
- The Cabinet Secretary for Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Co-operatives, has extended the term of the National Steering Committee on the Revitalization and Revival of Cotton and Pyrethrum Value Chains.
- The Kenya Power and Lighting Company Limited has amended the Target System Loss Factor in transmission and distribution from 14.9% to 19.9% effective 1st July, 2020.
The Postal Corporation of Kenya has applied to the Communications Authority of Kenya for approval to review their postage rates as necessitated by increased cost of service delivery.
The Communications Authority of Kenya has published in the Kenya Gazette a list of applicants for different licenses.
|Name /Station Identity||Licence Category|
|Taafis Communications Limited / Fuma TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Toshey Empire Limited/Empire Television||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Trinity United Methodist Church/Trinity United||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Mizpah Foundation / Mizpah TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Jicho Pevu Limited.MO Radio FM||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Kalya Media House Limited.Chichi Radio||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Rock Community Based Organization / Mwijoyo FM||Community Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Tembea Youths Centre for Sustainable Development CBO / Tembea FM||Community Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Topshine Security Services Limited.||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Masige Security Services Limited.||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Talon Security (K) Limited.||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Cape Courier Limited.||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Bigfoot Courier Services Limited.||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Kiemwa Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Limited.||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Nyamakimaline Services Limited.||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Faijon Fibre Connect Limited.||Network Facilities Provider Tier 3 (NFP-T3)|
|Amitruck Limited||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Chauffeurs Services Kenya Ltd||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Sema Stage Minibus Owners Savingsand Credit Co-operative Society Limited||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
Podo Park Limited
The final general meeting of the members the Podo Park Limited will be held at Suite 04, Northstar Building, Lenana Road, Nairobi on Monday the 28th day of September,2020 at 10 O’clock in the forenoon precisely, for the purpose of having an Account laid before them and to receive the liquidators report showing how the winding-up of the Company has been conducted and its property disposed of and of hearing any explanations that may be given by the Liquidator.
CICA Motors Limited and Exonia Investments Limited
CICA Motors Limited and Exonia Investments Limited held member meetings on 11th August, 2020 where it was resolved that the Companies be wound up as a Members’ Voluntary Winding Up and that Messrs George Weru and Muniu Thoithi be appointed Joint Liquidators for the purpose of the winding-up.
Put Sarajevo General Engineering Company Limited have filed for liquidation and the petition will be heard on the 1st day of October, 2020.
Nesfood Industries Limited has published in the Kenya Gazette a statutory demand against Atta Kenya Limited.
- Panorama Technical Services Limited is being transfered to Panorama Engineering and Trading Limited which intends to carry on its business at its premises in Ruiru within Kiambu County, in the Republic of Kenya.
- The business and assets of Amana Petroleum (Kenya) Limited a company carrying out the business of operating a petrol service station have been transfered to Ola Energy Kenya Limited which will carry on the business of running a petrol service station under the name “OLA Energy.”
Part Development Plan
- PDP Ref.No. MIG/133/2020/02 (Migori Town), Existing Site for a Commercial Plot
- PDP No. W/2020/01, Proposed site for Industrial Park, Mumias
- C21/Kigumo/2019/1–Proposed Formalization of Existing ACC&S Memorial Church-Kigumo
- C21/Kangure/1493–Proposed Formalization of Existing ACK Church Kangure
- C21/Kihoya/2020/1 A and B Proposed Formalization of Existing Commercial Plots C. Proposed Formalization of Kihoya AIPCA Church D.Proposed Formalizationof Kihoya Open Air Market
- C21/Kimathi/2020/1 –Proposed Formalization of Existing ACK Church Kayo Centre
- C21/Gitie/202/1 –Proposed Formalization of Existing ACK Church Gitie
- PDP Ref. Nos. Mig//133/2020/01 (Migori Town) and Kur/1861/01/2020 (Kehancha Town) –Existing Sites for National Housing Corporation
- PDP No. R163/2020/03: Proposed Extension of Road ‘A’ of ten metres into National Museums Land (Zone 453) to create access road for parcel No. Cis-Mara/Oleleshwa/308
- PDP No. KBU/4/2020/01: St. Matia Mulumba Catholic Church
Environmental Impact Assessment Study Report
The Proposed Battery Servicing Facility In Land Reference Number 11895/48, Scarlet Business Park, Athi River, Machakos County – Betrilyf Solutions Limited, is proposing to put up a battery servicing facility that covers project installation, project operation including receiving of batteries, charging and discharging, adding BSI additive to restore batteries to as good as new while ensuring negative impacts are properly mitigated.
The Proposed Construction of a Protection Seawall at Vasco Da Gama Pillar in Malindi -Kilifi County – National Museums of Kenya is proposing is proposing marine engineering works to restore the coral cliff and also undertake measures to mitigate further wave action on the site.
Proposed Construction Gated Residential Housing Development On Plot L.R. No. 12581/163 off Mombasa-namanga Road Interchange, Mavoko Machakos County – Paul Mungai Kimani, Charles Maina Muriuki & George Nyoro Waigi, is proposing to develop a Gated Residential Housing Development project