ACTS OF PARLIAMENT
The-Anti-Doping (Amendments) Act, 2020 has been published in the Kenya Gazette.
The Cabinet Secretary for the National Treasury and Planning has appointed Mohamed Abdikadir Sheikh (DR.) as a member of the Board of the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS), for a period of three (3) years, with effect from the 1st June, 2020.
The Cabinet Secretary for Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Co-operatives has made the following appointments:
- Njoroge Mburu Ngugi (DR.) to be a Member of the Board of the Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organization (KALRO;
- Members of the Ethics Commission for Co-operative Societies (ECCOS);
- Mwatsama Mjeni Janet (MS.) to be the Deputy Chairperson of the Co-operative Tribunal and revoked the appointment of Festus Terer;
- Stephen Ndichu Kinuthia to be a member of the Board of Agricultural Development Corporation and revoked the appointment of Edwin K. Kamar;
- Hassan Abm Dukicha to be a member of the Board of the Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute and revoked the appointment of Otieno Okello;
- Francis Kuogi Mutegi (DR.) to be a member of the Board of the Kenya Fisheries Service and revoked the appointment of Omar Boga;
- Julius Kones (DR.) as a member of the Commodities Fund and revoked the appointment of Kipkoros Kandie (Eng.);
- Julius Kiario Inyingi and Rukia A. Mohamed (Mrs.) to be members of the Board of the Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation and revoked the appointments of Julie S. Mwakwambirwa (Ms.) and Sammy Kipkoech Keter;
- Charles J. K. Njoroge to be a member of the Warehouse Receipt System Council; and
- Gitonga Kamiti and Maria Mbeneka to be a member of the Co-operative Tribunal.
The Cabinet Secretary for Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Cooperatives revoked several appointments of members of the Kenya Veterinary Board.
The Cabinet Secretary for Labour and Social Protection has appointed Grace Jerotich Cheserek (PROF.) to be the Chairperson of the National Employment Authority and revoked the appointment of Mary Wambui Munene.
The Cabinet Secretary for Labour and Social Protection has appointed MARY WAMBUI MUNENE to be Chairperson of Trustees of the Street Families Rehabilitation Trust Fund and revoked the appointment of Lina Jebii Kilimo.
The Advocates Complaints Commission has published in the Kenya Gazette the number of complaints that it received from 1st October, 2020 to 31st December, 2020.
The Registrar of Political Parties has given notice that National Reconstruction Alliance (NRA) has applied for full registration.
TRADE AND MANUFACTURING
The Commissioner of Customs and Border Control has appointed an area in Jomo Kenyatta International Airport Cargo Area as a transit shed.
The Kenya Accreditation Service has published in the Kenya Gazette a list of Accredited Conformity Assessment Bodies listed in the register of accredited bodies. The detailed scopes of accreditation of the listed bodies are provided on the Kenya Accreditation Service website at www.kenas.go.ke.
- The following companies made applications to the Communications Authority of Kenya for grant of the licences as shown in the Table below.
|Name||Station Identity||Licence Category|
|Yehtu Community Limited||Entertainment Television Yehtu||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Bethsaida Githima Enterprises,||Fire TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Shem TV||Shem TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Standing in The Gap Media House Limited||Standing in The Gap Media Television||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Eldo Communications Limited||Boss Networks||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
Environmental Impact Assessment Study Reports
- Mahadi Energy Limited, proposes to construct and operate an LPG terminal depot with a total storage capacity of 15000MT of LPG held in 9 mounded tanks of 1650MT each. It will consist of LPG truck loading bays, office block with 2 floors, generator room, fire water tank, LPG evaporation wall (600m high), associated facilities and amenities on Plots L.R. Nos. MNNI/4689 and MN/VI/2428, Port Reitz Area, Mombasa County.
- The proponent, OLA Energy Kenya Limited, proposes to expand the Marine Terminal which will consist of an approximately 600m long access road from Kismayu Road, 6No mounded LPG Sphere, tanks with a total capacity of 14500MT, 4No truck loading racks, 6No. Rail Tank Carriers (RTC) loading bays, 12-inch delivery line from SOT, firefighting water tank (250010, weigh bridge, associated facilities and amenities in Shimanzi, Mombasa County.