National Assembly Bills, 2021
The Asian Widows’ and Orphans’ Pensions (Repeal) Bill,2021
The Provident Fund (Repeal) Bill, 2021
The Appropriation Bill, 2021
The President has appointed the chairperson and members of the selection panel for nominees for appointment as five members of the Teachers Service Commission.
The Chief Justice of the Republic of Kenya designates:
- Hon. Keyne Odhiambo Gweno – Resident Magistrate,
- Hon. Martin Njeru Mutua – Resident Magistrate,
as adjudicators in any proceedings at the Milimani Small Claims Court, for a period of 12 months.
FINANCIAL SERVICES SECTOR
The Capital Markets Master Plan Implementation Steering Committee (CMMISC)
The Cabinet Secretary for National Treasury and Planning, for the purposes of developing and promoting Kenya as the heart of capital markets financing in Africa and supporting the establishment of Nairobi as an International Financial Centre, has appointed a steering committee to be known as the Capital Markets Master Plan Implementation Steering Committee (CMMISC).
Terms of Reference of the steering committee shall include:
(a) to make overall responsibility for oversight in the implementation of the Kenya Capital Markets Master Plan and facilitating its alignment with the establishment of:
- Kenya as the heart of Capital Markets financing and investment in Africa; and
- Nairobi International Financial Centre,
(b) to direct the Capital Markets Authority Board to appoint a taskforce, working groups and relevant subcommittees to facilitate the execution of the Master Plan.
(c) to direct consultations with relevant government ministries and departments, regulatory agencies, capital markets experts, professional bodies, academics and other stakeholders for the purposes of executing the Master Plan.
(d) to provide policy direction on the execution of the Capital Markets Master Plan.
Ponangipalli Venkata Ramana Rao (PVR) has been appointed as an Administrator of Pine Care Limited (Under Administration) effective the 16th June, 2021.
- The Ag. Director-General of the National Environment Management Authority has designated several analytical laboratories.
- The Commissioner of Customs and Border Control has appointed several roads as routes over which goods in transit or goods transferred between the partner states or goods under customs control shall be conveyed.
COMPLETION OF PART DEVELOPMENT PLAN
PDP No. R45/21/1/02 – Existing Site for Kipkelion District Hospital, Kipkelion.
Environmental Impact Assessment Study Report call for public comments
- Mashujaa Cement PLC proposes to construct a cement grinding plant, comprising of the cement grinding area, a raw material area, store, parking, security area, electrical control room, shed for park material, office building and associated amenities on L.R. No. 7885/17, 18, 19 and 20 at Mathatani, Mavoko Sub-county in Machakos County.
- Telkom Kenya Limited proposes to install and operate approximately 27km of the Pakistan and East Africa connecting Europe (PEACE) submarine fiber optic cable in Kenya Territorial Waters to connect Asia, Africa and Europe to provide an open, flexible and carrier-neutral services for its customers.
- Laureland Homes Limited proposes to construct a single three semi-detached 16 storey blocks of apartments comprising of 100 studio apartments, 25 one bedroomed apartments, 60 two bedroomed apartments and 31 three bedroomed apartments totalling to 216No. apartments, a swimming pool, a gym and other associated facilities and amenities on Plot L.R. No. 1/420, along Kindaruma Road, Kilimani, Nairobi City County.