• Agreement Between the Government of the Republic of Kenya and the Government of the Republic of
Mauritius for the Avoidance of Double Taxation Respect to Taxes on Income.
• The National Government Co- ordination Act—Change of Name
National Assembly Bills
The Appropriation Bill, 2020
The Public Procurement and Asset
Disposal (Amendment) Bill, 2020
The Central Bank of Kenya (Amendment)Bill, 2020
• The Chief Justice extends the appointment of Peter Gesora as Chairperson of the Auctioneers Board
under the Auctioneers Act.
• Chief Justice appoints Innocent Ocharo Momanyi as the National Community Service Orders Co-
ordinator, for a term of three (3) years, with effect from the 5th June, 2020 under the Community Service Orders Act.
• Cabinet Secretary for Interior and Co- ordination of National Government appoints Priscilla Thairu-Gathiga (Ms.) as a representative of youth organizations to the National Authority For The Campaign Against Drug Abuse Board, for a period of three (3) years.
• The Cabinet Secretary for the National Treasury and Planning appoints Anne Ooga Eriksson to be a member of the Disciplinary Committee of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya, for a period of three (3) years, with effect from the 1st July, 2020.
• Cabinet Secretary for the National Treasury and Planning exempts the National Hospital Insurance Fund (the Fund) from the provisions of sections 19, 179 (6), 197A and 197B of the Insurance Act for purposes of offering Enhanced Medical, Group Life and Last Expense Cover for the Kenya Prisons
Service, County Governments, County Assemblies, State Departments, retired Presidents, Vice- Presidents and other designated State Officers and retired public servants including Kenya Association of Retired Officers and Former Parliamentarians Association, for a period of one (1) year.
• The Cabinet Secretary for Education appoints— Esther Wamuyu Gacicio, Susan Aletia, Davidson Mwaisaka (Dr.), as members of the Board of the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority, for a period of three (3) years, with effect from the 26th June, 2020.
• The Cabinet Secretary for the ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs declares vacancies in the position of member of the Complaints Commission and invites applications from suitably qualified persons. The applications should be forwarded to the Selection Panel in accordance with section 7 (5) of the Act within seven (7) days of the Notice.
• In accordance with the Wildlife Conservation and Management Act, 2013, it is notified for the public
information that following the audit of Government trophies in the year 2019, the inventory of trophies in
possession by the Government as at 31st December, 2019 Quantity in Kilograms is Kgs. 68,968.17 and
14, 802 pieces of Elephant Ivory and 606.27 Kgs. and 291 pieces of
• The Cabinet Secretary for Industrialization, Trade and Enterprise Development appoints — Cyprian Mugambi Ngutari (Chairperson) ,Patricia May Chepkirui ,Vice-Chair/Member Kyalo Mbobu,Vice-Chair/Member Andrew Muma, Vice-Chair/Member Chege Charles Gakuhi, Vice-Chair/Member to be the Chairperson and Vice-Chairpersons/Members of the Business Rent Premises Tribunal, for a period of three (3) years, with effect from the 22nd June, 2020.
• The Cabinet Secretary for Industrialization, Trade and Enterprise Development appoints—
Joel Kimutai Bosek,(Chairperson) Bulitia Godrick Mathews (Prof.) ,Member Joel Kioko Mutisya, Member
Sammy Kariuki Muturi, Member Kennedy Otieno Ochieng ,Member to be the Chairperson and Members of the Accreditation Appeals Tribunal, for a period of three (3) years, with effect from the 22nd June, 2020.
Revocation of Appointments
• The Attorney-General revokes the appointment* of Janet Mbithe Munywoki as a member of the Board
of the National Legal Aid Service Industrial Relations
• The Cabinet Secretary for Labour and Social Protection, the Secretary General of the Central Organisation of Trade Unions and the Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Federation of Kenya Employers have entered into a memorandum of understanding for the purpose of facilitating the monitoring of the impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on jobs and the workplace and offering solutions thereon on the basis of social dialogue, consultation, co-operation, negotiations in good faith and support of workers and employers during the Covid-19 crisis in accordance with Article 41of the Constitution and the relevant provisions of the Employment Act, 2007, the Labour Relations Act, 2007,
and the Employment and Labour Relations Court Act, 2011.
The ministry of National Treasury And Planning has released the statement of actual revenues and net exchequer issues as at 29th may, 2020 exchequer balance as at 29.03.2020 130,993,233,366.76
The list of all and shortlisted applicants for the position of Chairperson Of The Energy And Petroleum Tribunal has been released.
National Standards- COVID 19 medical equipment
National Standards Council declare the specifications or codes of practice appearing in the Schedule hereto to be Kenya Standards with effect from the date of publication of this notice.
Sanitisation booths, Face Shields, Anaesthetic and respiratory equipment— Nebulizing systems and components, Breathing system filters for anaesthetic and respiratory use
Companies struck off the registry
The companies registry has listed companies that shall unless cause is shown to the contrary be struck off the register of companies and the companies shall be dissolved.
Notice is given of the proposed transfer of the long-term insurance business of Geminia Insurance Company Limited to Geminia Life Insurance Company Limited (formerly known as Southwark Limited).
The transferee and the transferor have similar shareholders. Geminia Insurance wishes to separate the life and general insurance business of the company.
Consequently, subject to the approval of the Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA), Geminia Insurance will transfer its long-term insurance business (together with all assets and liabilities related thereto) to Geminia Life. Particulars of the long-term insurance business, assets and liabilities which will be transferred to Geminia Life are set out in a Statement of Particulars which shall be available
for public inspection as explained below.
An application has been made to the IRA pursuant to the provisions of section 113 of the Insurance Act, for its approval of the proposed transfer.
Banking Industry –KDIC
The Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation (KDIC) has, in exercise of the powers conferred under section 27 of the Kenya Deposit Insurance Act, 2012, reviewed and enhanced the notice period of annual premium payment contributions by member institutions to the fund from the current twenty-one (21) days to not later than a maximum period of six (6) months, after such institution has been served with the requisite notice specifying the amount and the relevant period. The Corporation declares that the increase of the notice period, by which full payment of the annual premium contribution by a member institution shall be made, will be applicable for a period of one (1) year, witheffect from the 1st July, 2020. Dated the 25th June, 2020.
Competition Authority Notices
• • The Competition Authority has authorized the acquisition of the entire issued share capital in
Iberafrica Power (Ea) Limited By Aif East Africa Power & Energy Llp.
• The Competition Authority has authorized the transfer of 85% of the issued share capital in Global
Petroleum Products Kenya Limited to E3 Energy DMCC.
• The Competition Authority has authorized the acquisition of shares comprising 24.1% OF ICEA Lion
Insurance Holdings Limited By Eastern Africa Holding Limited.
• The Competition Authority has authorized the proposed acquisition of 100% of the issued shares in
Acacia Exploration (Kenya) Limited By Shanta Gold Mauritius Limited
• The Competition Authority of Kenya (CAK) hereby notifies the public that Cooper-K Brands Limited an
Agricultural Input (livestock and crop farming products) Company has made an application for exemption for certain provisions contained in its revised proposed Strategic Business Partnership Agreement (“Distributorship Agreement”) for a period of five (5) years.
• Notification is made of the completion of physical and land use development plans r 2702/2018/1,
proposed Mouwarak Market Centre R 1821/2018/1, Proposed Naibor Market Centre R 2711/2018/1
,Proposed Wiyumiririe Market Centre R 788/2018/1,Proposed 01 Jabet Market Centre R 773/2018/1,Proposed Tandare Market Centre
• The National Environment Management Authority has made an invitation for public comments on the
environmental impact assessment study report for proposed 600m3liquid petroleum gas (lpg) storage and filling plant located at plot L.R. NO. KAJIADO/KIPETO/3202 along The
Nairobi—Namanga Road In Kajiado County
• The National Environment Management Authority has published the Environmental Impact
Assessment Study Report for the proposed multi-storey residential apartments building project located
on PLOT L.R. NO. 209/4389/5 AT Riverside Lane West, Riverside, Nairobi City County