THE KENYA GAZETTE SUMMARY
- The Traffic Act—Exemption
- The Public Service Commission Regulations, 2020
- The Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Interior and Co-ordination of National Government, notifies the public that the Private Security (General) Regulations (Legal Notice No. 108 of 2019) was annulled by the National Assembly on the 19th November, 2019.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Industry, Trade and Co-operatives has appointed Frank Ochieng Walukwe to be a member of the Board of the Export Processing Zones Authority.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Public Service and Gender has appointed members of the Anti-Female Genital Mutilation Board.
- The Attorney-General has appointed Desire Wilson Njamwea to be a member of the Victim Protection Board.
- The Attorney-General has appointed a steering committee to be known as the National Steering Committee for formulation of the alternative dispute resolution policy.
FINANCIAL SERVICES SECTOR
Acquisition of Transnational Bank Plc by Access Bank Plc
- The Cabinet Secretary for The National Treasury and Planning has approved the acquisition of 100% of the issued share capital of Transnational Bank Plc by Access Bank Plc and the acquisition shall take effect on February 1, 2020.
Licensed Saccos 2020
- The Sacco Societies Regulatory Authority (Authority) has published a list of licensed saccos for 2020.
The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority has received claims for unclaimed assets persons claiming to be administrators of the estates of deceased persons and agents of the original owners. If no objection is lodged at the offices of the Authority within thirty (30) days, payment will be made to them.
TRADE AND MANUFACTURING SECTOR
Solar Photovoltaic Systems Regulations
- The Cabinet Secretary for Energy has published the Energy (Solar Photovoltaic Systems) Regulations, 2019.
Applications for Air Services Licenses
- KCAA would like to notify applicants for various air service licences that the license periods have been gazetted.
Dissolution of Companies
- The Registrar of Companies has gazetted 24 dissolved companies
- The Registrar of Companies has gazetted 72 companies that intend to dissolve.
The Customs and Border Control Goods Auction
- The Customs and Border Control Department gives notice that unless the gazetted goods are removed from the Customs Warehouse within thirty (30) days, they will be sold by public auction on 26th February, 2020 at the Customs Warehouse, ICDE
Competition Tribunal Application for Review
- The Competition Tribunal gives notice of the Application for Review Case No. CT/005/2020, Telkom Kenya Limited and Airtel Networks Kenya Limited Vs Competition Authority of Kenya filed on 10th January, 2020, by Telkom Kenya Limited and Airtel Networks Kenya Limited against the Competition Authority of Kenya. The Competition Tribunal invites interested parties to make submissions/proposals/comments to the Tribunal in regard to the Application for Review within 30 days.
Environmental Impact Assessment Study Report
The Proposed Kenya Ports Authority Pension Scheme—bandari Apartments Phase Ii On Land Parcel Plot L.R. No. 209/10478 In South C Area, Nairobi City County
Kenya Ports Authority, is proposing to construct 198 No. Units comprising of 3 blocks having 11 floors each comprising of 3 bedroom apartments
The Proposed Shell Service Station On Plot L.R. No. 4858/16 Kileleshwa, Located Along Ring Road, Kileleshwa In Dagoretti North Constituency, Nairobi City County
Vivo Energy Kenya Limited, proposes to reconstruct Shell Kileleshwa Service Station to provide fuel and petroleum products to motorists, cooking gas to residents, refurbish the station double storey building comprising of dealer facilities, coffee shop and washrooms.
The Proposed Construction Of Buuri Irrigation Scheme In Meru County
Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation, State Department for Crop Production, is proposing to construct the Buuri Irrigation Scheme in Meru County, which entails construction of a dam/water reservoir in hitherto protected area Mt Kenya Ecosystem (MKE) which habours the Mt. Kenya National Park and Forest Reserve
The Proposed Upgrading of Magongo—SGR Road, Mombasa County
Kenya National Highways Authority, is proposing to construct the Magongo—SGR Road situated in Mombasa County of Coastal Kenya.
The Proposed Proposed Dualling of Eldoret International Airport (C39), Eldoret Town— Eldoret University Road Project (C51), Uasin Gishu County
- Kenya National Highways Authority, is proposing to construct the dualling of the Eldoret International Airport (C39)— Eldoret Town—Eldoret University Road Project
The Proposed Lamu Port Access Road in Lamu County
- Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA), is proposing to construct 11.4 km access road to the port and 2.9 km to the Lamu Kenya Army Barracks.