Communication from the chair.
The Speaker, Hon. Justine Muturi reported to the House that he has received a message from the President seeking the National Assembly’s approval for the appointment of Ms. Immaculate Kassait as the Data Commissioner. The message and the curriculum vitae of the nominee were referred to the Departmental Committee on Communication, Information and Innovation to undertake the necessary approval hearings.
The Speaker reported to the House that he had received two messages from the Senate regarding its passage of the County Outdoor Advertising Control Bill, 2018 and the Sectional Properties Bill (NA Bill No 23 of 2019)
- The reports of the Auditor General and financial statements in respect of the following institutions for the year ended 30 June, 2019 and certificates therein
• The Parliamentary Service Commission
• The Regional Pastoral Livelihood Resilience Project
• The Strengthening Fertilizer Quality and Regulatory Standards in Kenya Project
• Office of the Registrar of Political Parties
• The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission
• The State Department for Petroleum
- Addendum on public participation to the report of the Departmental Committee of Public Works and Housing on the consideration of the National Aviation Management Bill.
- Reports of the Departmental Committee on Lands on its consideration of one public petition regarding compulsory acquisition of land in Marsabit County by the Kenya Defense Forces.
- Legal Notice No. 177 of 2020 relating to the Copyright Regulations 2020 and the Explanatory memorandum from the Attorney General.
- Legal Notice 178 of 2020 relating to the Copyright Collective Management Regulations, 2020 and the Explanatory Memorandum from the Attorney-General
- Legal Notice No. 189 of 2020 relating to the Value-Added Tax (Electronic Invoice) Regulations, 2020 and the Explanatory Memorandum from National Treasury.
- Legal Notice No. 190 relating to the Value Added Digital Market Place Supply Regulations 2020 and the Explanatory Memorandum from National Treasury.
- The Financial Year 2019/2020 Public Debt Management Report from the National Treasury and Planning.
- Annual Report and financial statements for Kenya Re-Insurance Corporation Ltd the year ended 31st December 2019.
- The report of the Auditor-General and the financial statements in respect of the following institutions for the year ended 30th June 2019 and their certificates therein:
– State Department of Agricultural Research
– Office of the Controller of Budget.
– The Office of the Controller of Budget Staff retirement benefit scheme.
– Water sector trust fund.
- Legal Notice No. 188 2020 relating to the Value-Added Tax (Amendment Invoice) Regulations, 2020
- Report on the study on perceptions and experiences of corruption in public service in Kenya from the National Crime Research Centre
- Report of the Auditor-General and financial statements for the industrial and commercial development corporation for the year ended 30th June 2018 and certificates therein
- Reports of the Auditor General and financial statements in respect of the following institutions for the year ended 30th June 2019 and the certificates therein:
a) Judicial Service Commission
b) State Law Office and Department of Justice
c) The State Law Office and Department of Justice official receiver
d) State Department for Fisheries, Aquaculture and the Blue Economy
e) State Department for Industrialization
f) State Department for Cooperatives
g) Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
h) Industrial and Commercial Development Corporation
- Reports of JLAC in three sets:
– Its consideration of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (Amendment) Bill (NA bill No 24 of 2019).
– Its consideration of the Referendum (No.2) Bill (NA Bill No. 14 of 2020)
– Its consideration of the Statute Law Miscellaneous (Amendment) Bill (NA Bill No 15 of 2020)
- Report of the Committee on Land on its consideration of a public petition by the residents of Vota, Mua Ward in Machakos Town constituency regarding the obstruction of tarmacking of Konza-Katumani Road.
- Upon resumption of the house from recess 3rd November 2020, the following business will be prioritized:
a) Sessional Paper No. 2 of 2019 on the National Policy on Gender and Development
b) Sessional Paper No. 3 of 2019 on the National Policy for The Eradication of Female Genital Mutilation
c) The County Statutory Instruments Bill (Senate Bill No. 21 of 2018)
d) The County Governments (Amendment) Bill (Senate Bill No. 13 of 2018)
e) The Statutory Instruments (Amendment) Bill (Senate Bill No. 24 of 2018)
f) The Impeachment Procedure Bill (Senate Bill No. 15 of 2018) and any other listed business that will not be completed on Thursday 15 October 2020.
- Extension of time for consideration of a nominee for appointment as the Data Commissioner.
- That the House adopts the Report of the Departmental Committee on Defence and Foreign Relations on its consideration of the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kenya and the Government of the Italian Republic on the Luigi-BroglioMalindi Space Centre
- That the House adopts the report of the Public Investments Committee on its consideration of the Special Audit Report on Procurement of Pre-Export Verification conformity to standard services.
- Consideration of Senate Amendments to the IEBC (Amendment)(No.3) Bill (National Assembly Bill No. 35 of 2019)
- That the House adopts the report of the Departmental Committee of Labour and Social Welfare and it’s consideration on the Sessional Paper No. 2 of 2019 on the National Policy on Gender and Development.
- The National Disaster Management Authority (Amendment) Bill
- The Land (Amendment) Bill
The National Assembly adjourned until Tuesday 3rd November, 2020 at 2:30pm.
SENATE ROUND UP
Senate is on recess