- The Petroleum Development Fund Levy (Amendment) Order, 2021
- The Traffic (Registration Plates) (Amendment) Rules, 2021
- The Energy (Reliability and Quality of Electrical Energy Supply and Service) Regulations, 2021
- The Privileges and Immunities (African Reinsurance Corporation) Order, 2021
- The Law of Succession Act—Resealing of Foreign Grants
- The National Hospital Insurance Fund (Standard and Special Contributions) (Amendment) Regulations, 2021
- The Competition Act—Exclusion
- The Intergovernmental Relations Act— Delineation of the Co-operative Function, etc
- The National Hospital Insurance Fund Act— Approval of Rebates
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY BILLS, 2021
- The Public Service Internship Bill, 2021
- The Certified Managers Bill, 2021
- The Public Procurement and Asset Disposal (Amendment) Bill, 2021
- The National Disaster Risk Management Bill, 2021
- The Inspector-General of Police has designated Tutua Police Station and Kathare Police Station in Meru County and Kasolongo Police Station in Machakos County as police stations or posts.
- The Ministry of Defence has shortlisted eight (8) firms/consortia to participate in the Request for Proposal (RFP) stage of the tender No: MOD/INFRAS/024/20/21 for the Project following the issue of a Request for Qualifications on 18th March, 2021, for the financing, design, construction and commissioning of residential accommodation for the Kenya Defence Forces on a build-lease-and-transfer (BLT) Basis. The eights firms are as follows:
|Prequalification ShortList – Tender No: MOD/INFRAS/024/20/21|
|Name of Bidder/Consortium Members||Country of Origin|
|EPCO Builders Limited||Kenya|
|Consortium: Centum Real Estate Limited, Blink Studio Limited, NorthWind Consulting, Zutari Kenya Limited||Kenya|
|Consortium: China Jiangxi International Economic and Technical Cooperation Limited (CJIC), China Jiangxi International Kenya Limited, Symbion Kenya Limited||Kenya|
|China Gezhouba Group Company Limited||China and Kenya|
|China Railways Construction Engineering Group||China|
|China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation||China|
|China Railway No. 10 Engineering Group Company Limited||China|
- WASREB has determined an upward tariff review for Oloolaiser Water and Sewerage Company Limited (OLWASCO) is justified in order to improve service delivery, operate sustainably and protect consumer interests by meeting the tariff conditions attached to the tariff.
- WASREB has determined an upward tariff review for Runda Water Company Limited (RCWL) is justified in order to improve service delivery, operate sustainably and protect consumer interests by meeting the tariff conditions attached to the tariff.
- The Agriculture and Food Authority proposes to grant a licence to the following applicants:
|Name of Applicant||Purpose of Licence||Location|
|Greenlight Enterprises||Coffee exports, imports and value addition/roasting and packaging.||Ndege Chai Building, Ground Floor One Kericho Town, Kericho County|
|Ebenezar Grace Coffee Company Limited||Direct sales of coffee and value addition/roasting and packaging.||Timpilil Farm, Fort Ternan, Kericho County|
TRADE AND MANUFACTURING
- The Customs and Border Control Department has published a list of goods in the Customs Warehouse – ICDE Nairobi and issued a Notice that if they will not be entered and removed from the Warehouse within thirty (30) days they will be sold by public auction on 29th June, 2021.
- The following applicants have made applications to the Communications Authority of Kenya for grant of the licences as shown in the Table below:
|Name||Station Identity||License Category|
|Mwenge Radio Limited,
P.O. Box 59052–0200, Nairobi
|Mwenge FM||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Giriama Properties Limited, P.O. Box 50225–00100,Nairobi.||Giriama FM||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Naemru Courier Services,
P. O. Box 2817–60100, Embu.
|National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Bestways Parcel Solutions Limited, P. O. Box 708–60200, Meru.||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Bungoma Line Safari Limited,
P. O. Box 522–50200, Bungoma.
|National Courier Operator Licence|
|Pateni Internet Services Limited,
P. O. Box 53328–00200, Nairobi.
|Network Facilities Provider Tier 3-(NFP-T3)|
|Simba Broadcasting Limited,
P. O. Box 367–50200, Bungoma.
|Network Facilities Provider Tier 2-(NFP-T2)|
- The Insurance Regulatory Authority has approved the transfer of the long-term insurance business of Saham Assurance Company Kenya Limited (transferor) to Sanlam Life Insurance Limited (transferee), with effect from the 1st January, 2020.
- The Insurance Regulatory Authority has approved the transfer of the general insurance business of Saham Assurance Company Kenya Limited (transferor) to MUA Insurance (Kenya) Limited (transferee), with effect from the 1st January, 2020.
LAND AND ENVIRONMENT
Completion of Development Plans
The preparation of the below-mentioned Part Development Plans is complete:
- PDP No. CKR/72/21/1—Existing Site for Residential Plot
Environmental Impact Assessment
- Indesign Makumbi Limited proposes to develop a modern residential complex of 15No. Blocks with a total of 378 units, an open-air landscaped area, gym, cinema and associated facilities on plot L.R. No. 7149/138 in Syokimau, Mavoko Sub-county.
- Dr. John Omboga proposes to put up Nairobi Family Boutique Hospital on plot L.R. No. 12715/1924 at Katani Ward of Athi River Sub-county in Machakos County.
- Mbig Limited proposes to develop an Asphalt mixing plant located on Land Parcel No. East Bukusu/North Kandunyi/11492, at Bukananachi, Kibabii–Tuuti Ward, Kandunyi Constituency, Bungoma County.