KEEPING YOUR FINGER ON THE PULSE – Significant Political Events of the Week
May 15, 2023 -
Reading Time: < 1 minute - By Waceera Kabando
- Monday, May 8, 2023
- Covid certificates are no longer needed to enter the country after WHO said the virus is no longer a global health emergency.
- Starehe Point Affordable Housing Project details released as units put up for sale.
- Members of Parliament reject extension of 1,764 government regulations.
- Tuesday, May 9, 2023
- President Ruto meets Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in an effort to eliminate trade barriers.
- South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir to spearhead mediation in the Sudan armed conflict.
- Kenya may lose anti-malaria nets worth KSh3.7 billion after an irregular procurement by KEMSA.
- Trump found liable in sexual abuse case; accuser awarded $5 million.
- Safaricom profits declined to Ksh.52.5 billion marking a 22% dip from the Ksh.67.5 billion it recorded last year.
- Cashless electric buses unveiled by Metro Trans Sacco.
- Government battles religious extremism with new era death-causing cults cropping up.
- Monkeypox, now MPox. no longer a global health emergency but still a threat, says WHO.
- USA accuses South Africa of arming Russia; Rand crashes.