On 18th January,
- In a gazette notice on Wednesday, Senate Speaker Amason Kingi recalled Senators for a special sitting on Thursday saying the lawmakers will consider the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (Amendment) Bill, 2022.
- President William Ruto called on the East Africa Community (EAC) member states to cooperate to eliminate trade barriers.
- Kenya’s East African Legislative Assembly members are pushing for huge perks including high-end cars, mortgages and offices in Nairobi.
On 19th January,
- William Kipsang was sworn in as the newly elected Elgeyo-Marakwet Senator after the seat fell vacant following the appointment of Kipchumba Murkomen as Transport CS in October 2022.
- Leaders from the South Rift region differed over the location of a proposed referral hospital promised by President William Ruto.
- Former Roots party running mate Justina Wamae accused leaders of having their focus elsewhere instead of working to solve problems and issues affecting Kenyans who elected them.
- The Azimio brigade has yet again vowed to “unearth” what it terms as the filth that befell the August 9 polls which William Ruto won. The leadership said their dossier will build on the ‘evidence’ released by IEBC whistleblowers.