LEGISLATIVE SUPPLEMENTS, 2021
- The Warehouse Receipt System Regulations 2021
- The Civil Aviation (Regulatory Fees and Charges for unmanned Aircraft Systems) Regulations 2020
- The Public Order (State Curfew) (Special Variation) Order 2021
- The Cabinet Secretary for the National Treasury and Planning has appointed Jane Wacuka Njogu Macharia to be a member of the Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examinations Board, for a period of three (3) years, with effect from the 30th September, 2019.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Transport, Infrastructure, Housing, Urban Development and Public Works has appointed:
a) Njaramba Evanson Gichuki (Dr.) to be the chairperson of the National Civil Aviation Administrative Tribunal, for a period of three (3) years, with effect from the 20th January, 2020; and
b) Edwin Kathurima Kaburu to be the Registrar of the Building Surveyors Registration Board, for a period of three (3) years, with effect from the 21st January, 2020.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Lands and Physical Planning has appointed:
a) a taskforce to review the existing legal policy and institutional framework relating to the survey sector to align it with the Constitution and international best practices; and
b) adjudication officers.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Public Service and Gender has appointed:
a) Lilian NGALA ANYANGO to be a member of the of the Institute of Human Resource Management Council for a period of three (3) years
b) Lucy Njenga and Joseph Kiani to be members of the Advisory Board for the Women Enterprise Fund for a period of three (3) years
- The Members of the Artisanal Mining Committee of Taita Taveta County have been published in the Gazette. The Committee shall be responsible for advising the representative of the Director of Mines in the granting renewal or revocation of artisanal mining permits.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Petroleum and Mining has constituted a Committee to be known as the Voi Gemstone and Value Addition Centre Stakeholder Committee.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Environment and Forestry has appointed Kariuki Muigua (Dr) to be a member of the National Environment Tribunal for a period of three (3) years with effect from the 22nd December 2020.
- The Director of Public Prosecutions has appointed Scene of Crime Officers to undertake and prepare evidence of a photographic nature m criminal proceedings for purposes of producing certificate of photographic evidence under the Evidence Act.
The Cabinet Secretary for Interior and Co-ordination of National Government has declared the Kapsabet Women Wing, Isiolo Women Wing, Kapenguria Women Wing, Siaya Women Wing to be women prisons as follows: Kapsabet Women Prison, Isiolo Women Prison, Kapenguria Women Prison and Siaya Women Prison respectively.
The Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government has renamed Thomson’s Fall Main Prison to Nyahururu Main Prison and Thomson’s Falls Women Prison to Nyahururu Women Prison.
FINANCE SERVICES SECTOR
- The Central Bank of Kenya has notified Members of the Public that the 46th Monetary Policy Statement June 2020 and 47th Monetary Policy Statement December 2020, have been issued and circulated. The documents are available on the website of the Central Bank of Kenya at www.centralbank.go.ke.
- The Sacco Societies’ Regulatory Authority has published in the Gazette:
a) a list of duly licensed Sacco Societies to carry out deposit taking Sacco business in Kenya in the financial year ending on 31st December 2021 and notified members of the Public that it is an offence for any person including private and public entities to conduct deposit taking Sacco business with an unlicensed Sacco Society institution person or entity.
b) a list of Member Institutions deposits that are insured by Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation (KDIC)
- The Petition for Liquidation of DAC Aviation (EA) Limited was presented on 30th December 2020 at the High Court by Amra Leasing Limited and is directed to be heard before the High Court sitting at Nairobi on the 6th May 2021 and any creditor or contributory of the company wishing to support or oppose the making of an order on the said petition may appear at the time of hearing in person or by his Advocate.
TRADE AND MANUFACTURING SECTOR
- The Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority has considered the tariff application made by Okapi Green Energy Limited in Kakuma Refugee Camp Village 3 site Turkana County and approved applicable tariffs for a period of one (1) year with effect from 1st January 2021.
- The Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority has considered the tariff renewal application made by Renewvia Energy Kenya Limited in Oyama and Ndeda Sites Siaya County and approved applicable tariffs for a period of three (3) years with effect from 1st January 2021.
- The Commissioner of Customs and Border Control has set out the Guidelines for Appointment/Operating Special Economic Zones (SEZ) as the conditions to be fulfilled by an applicant to operate a Customs Area carrying on the business of a Special Economic Zone.
- The Commissioner of Customs and Border Control has revoked the appointment of an area in Great Lakes Limited as Transit Shed, Entry and Exits to and from Customs Area, Un loading and Loading Cargo, places for Storage of Cargo and place for Customs Warehouse.
- The preparation of the below-mentioned Part Development Plan is complete:
a) PDpNo. KTI/29/2020/01 – Kitui Central Proposed sites for Central Proposed sites for Industrial plots as well as Alternative site for police station, fire station and St. John’s Ambulance.
b) The County Government of Kitui shall commence the preparation of a GIS based urban integrated strategic development plan for Mwingi urban area and its environs. The plan shall cover an approximate area of 804km2 . The purpose of the plan is to provide a spatial framework for sustainable integrated urban development with an aim to improve the quality of life for the residents.
c) PDp No MIG/133/2020104 – Existing Site for Migori Energy Centre. The plan relates to land situate within Migori Municipality within Migori County.
The following companies made applications to the Communications Authority of Kenya for grant of the licences as shown in the Table below:
|Walsan Conner Services Limited||· National Postal and Courier Operator Licence|
|Penska Conner Services Limited||· National Postal and Courier Operator Licence|
|Naif Travel & Logistics Limited||· National Postal and Courier Operator Licence|
|Sliver End Enterprises Limited||· National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Name||Station Identity||Licence Category|
|Weru Television Services Limited||Mutongoi Television||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Getembe Television Network Limited||Ekeonga Getembe FM||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Cleaverline Media Limited||Utana Television||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
ENVIRONMENT IMPACT ASSESSMENT REPORTS
- Kenya National Highways Authority, proposes to upgrade the Mau Mau Road Projects and several associated spur roads namely Lot 1 Kiambu Section Lot 2 Murang’a Section Lot 3 Nyeri Section Thika-Magumu and Njabini-Kinyona-Kimakia Njabini Road Project.
- The Kenya National Highway Authority, proposes to dual the Kenol-Murang’a-Sagana (C71/C73) Road approximately 41 km long of in Murang’a County. The (C71) section of project road starts at Kenol Town along the Thika-Sagana (A2/C71) road junction and then follows a northerly direction through Sabasaba and Maragua townships up to Murang’a Town from Murang’a Town the road (C73) takes an easterly direction to rejoin the Kenol-Makutano- Sagana (A2) Road m Sagana Town.