THE KENYA GAZETTE SUMMARY
This is part of the Vellum Weekly. The full 24th January 2020 edition can be found here VELLUM WEEKLY 24 JANUARY 2020
Declaration of Special Economic Zone
• The KenyaTrade Network Agency Order, 2011
• The CompetitionAct—Exclusions
• The Nutritionists and Dieticians (Entry Requirements) (Training Institutions)
• The Nutritionists and Dieticians (Training Institutions) (Fees) Regulations, 2019
• The Crops (Food Crops) Regulations, 2019
• The Land Adjudication (Application Amendment) Order, 2019
• The Law of Succession (Amendment) Bill, 2020
• The Chief Justice of the Republic of Kenya has published the State of the Judiciary and the Administration of Justice Annual Report 2018-2019.
• Kahawa Law Courts, a magistrate’s court that is within supervisory jurisdiction of Kiambu High Court has been established with effect from the 1stApril, 2020.
• The Chief Justice has appointed Hon. Paul Kipkosgei Rotich to preside over cases involving disputes relating to Environment and Land, Children, Succession and corruption and economic crime in the area of jurisdiction of his current court station and such future court stations deployed to from time to time.
Senate Special Sittings: Governor Waititu Impeachment
• On Tuesday, 21st January, 2020, the Senate resolved to investigate the proposed removal from office by impeachment, of Hon. Ferdinand Ndung’u Waititu Babayao, the Governor of Kiambu County.
• The Cabinet Secretary for Industry, Trade and Co-operatives has appointed members of the Board of the Kenya Accreditation Service.
• The Cabinet Secretary for Industry, Trade and Co-operatives has extended the term of the Taskforce on Standards and Quality Infrastructure Reforms in Kenya for a further period of three (3) months
• The Cabinet Secretary for Public Service, Youth and Gender has appointed Elijah Wachira to be a member of the National Youth Service Council
TRADE AND MANUFACTURING SECTOR
Dissolution of Companies
• The Registrar of Companies has gazetted 3 dissolved companies
• The Registrar of Companies has gazette 83 companies that intend to dissolve.
The Customs and Border Control Goods Auction
The Customs and Border Control Department gives notice that unless the gazetted goods are removed from the Customs Warehouse within thirty (30) days, they will be sold by public auction on 26th February, 2020 at the CustomsWarehouse, ICDE
Competition Authority Settlements
• The Competition Authority has entered into a settlement agreement with Basco Products (K) Limited after the Authority initiated investigations of an alleged collusive conduct between certain manufacturers and distributors of paint products in Kenya.
• Del Monte Kenya Limited and the Competition Authority of Kenya have entered into a settlement agreement after the company was found to have given false and misleading representations.
• Bakhresa Food Products Limited and the Competition Authority of Kenya have entered into a settlement agreement with the company after the Company was found to have given false and misleading representations.
• Emu-inya Enterprises Limited t/a Getbucks Kenya and the Competition Authority of
Kenya have entered into a settlement agreement with the company after the company
was found to have engaged in unconscionable conduct.
Competition Authority Authorisations
• The Competition Authority has authorized the proposed the acquisition of control of Mayfair Healthcare Holdings Limited by Indo Oceania Ventures Limited on condition that all the 1,257 employees are retained post-merger.
• Nyankoba Farmers Rural Sacco Society Limited member petitioned the Ag, Commissioner for Co-operative Development to carry out an inquiry into the affairs of the company.
Completion of Part Development Plan
• PDP No. C21/Kaharati/2019/1—Proposed Formalization of Existing P.C.E.A. Church.
• PDP No. 326/2019/03—Existing Site for Commercial
• PDP No. W16196111—Existing Site for Commercial Plot.
Environmental Impact Assessment Study Report
The Proposed exploration drilling for Sosian Energy Makongeni/Menengai Geothermal Project in Nakuru County
• Sosian Energy Limited (SEL) is a renewable energy development company with interest in geothermal, wind, and solar energy production has been granted a Geothermal Resources License No. 8/2017 for exploration and development of the geothermal resources in the area measuring about 9.8 km2 in Makongeni/Menengai area, Nakuru County
The Proposed Ruaraka Housing Development on Plot No.8393/17/18/24/25 in Ruaraka Estate within Roysambu Ward, Nairobi City County County
• Crossnet Limited, is proposing to construct 370 affordable housing units (1, 2 and 3-bedroom apartments) including a car park, recreational facility and management office on a 2.2 acres parcel of land (Plot L.R. No. 8393/17/18/24/25) in Ruaraka Housing Estate within Roysambu Ward, Nairobi City County.