THE KENYA GAZETTE SUMMARY
This is part of the Vellum Weekly. The full 14th February 2020 edition can be found here VELLUM WEEKLY 14 FEBRUARY 2020
Establishment of Dadaab Law Courts
The Chief Justice of Kenya has established Dadaab Law Courts, a magistrate’s court that is within the supervisory jurisdiction of Garissa High Court. Dadaab town is a host to one of Kenya’s largest refugee camps , the Dadaab Refugee Camp.
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority: The Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Transport,
Infrastructure, Housing, Urban Development and Public Works has appointed Kiki Robert Onyonka (Capt.) to be a member of the Board of Directors of Kenya Civil Aviation Authority.
Capital Markets Tribunal: The Cabinet Secretary for the National Treasury and Planning has appointed Issa Ibrahim Mahat to be the Secretary of the Capital Markets Tribunal.
Land Control Board: The Cabinet Secretary for Lands and Physical Planning has appointed Elijah Mositet to be a member of Kajiado North Land Control Board in Kajiado North Sub- county, Kajiado County.
Energy and Petroleum Tribunal:The Cabinet Secretary for Energy has appointed Naomi Wanjugu Githui (Ms.) to be the Secretary to the Energy and Petroleum Tribunal.
Communications Authority of Kenya licenses applicants
• Apple Truth Television Limited – Commercial free to air TV Broadcasting Licence
• Faith Based MediaGroup Limited – Commercial free to airTV Broadcasting Licence
• SOATV Station Limited – Commercial free to airTV Broadcasting Licence
• JMAX Media – Commercial free to air TV Broadcasting Licence
• Taboiyat Media Services – Commercial free to airTV Broadcasting Licence
• Blessed Hope Junction – Commercial FM Radio Licence
• Voice Broadcasting Networks Limited – Commercial FM Radio Licence
• Hossana Ministries for Africa – Commercial FM Radio Licence
• Miracle Life Assembly Media Ltd – Commercial free to air TV Broadcasting Licence
• Fora Logistics Limited – International Courier Operators
FINANCIAL SERVICES SECTOR
The Capital Markets Authority has prescribed the following class of licensees:
• (a) dealing online foreign exchange broker;
• (b) non-dealing online foreign exchange broker;
• (c) REIT Trustee; and (d) REIT manager.
TRADE AND MANUFACTURING SECTOR
The E.P.R.A decision on the tariff application made by Renewvia Energy Kenya Limited (REKL)
• E.P.R.A has considered the tariff application made by Renewvia Energy Kenya Limited (REKL) and approved the tariffs, for a period of one (1) year, for Kalobeyei Settlement and Kalobeyei Town in Turkana County.
E.P.R.A decision on the tariff application made by SES Micro-Grids Kenya Limited
• E.P.R.A has considered the tariff application made by SES Micro-Grids Kenya Limited in Hurri Hills, Marsabit County and approved applicable tariffs, for a period of one (1) year.
Revised Schedule of Tariffs 2018 for Electricity Tariffs, Charges, Prices and Rates
• All prices for electrical energy will be liable to a fuel energy cost charge of +250 Kenya cents per kWh for all meter readings to be taken in February, 2020.
• All prices for electrical energy will be liable to a foreign exchange fluctuation adjustment of minus -0.89Kenya cents per kWh for all meter readings to be taken in February, 2020.
• All prices for electrical energy will be liable to a Water Resource Management Authority (WRMA) levy of plus 2.11 Kenya cents per kWh for all meter readings to be taken in February, 2020.
Nairobi Western By-Pass Road Project: Intention to Acquire Land
• The National Land Commission on behalf of Kenya National Highways Authority
(KeNHA) gives notice that the Government intends to acquire several parcels of land for the construction of Nairobi Western By-Pass Road Project Ngong-Kiserian-Isinya and Kajiado-Imaroro Road Project: Intention To Acquire
• The National Land Commission on behalf of Kenya Rural Roads Authority (KeRRA) gives notice that the Government intends to acquire several parcels of land for the
construction of Ngong-Kiserian-Isinya and Kajiado-Imaroro Roads Project.
• The Ag. Commissioner for Co-operative Development has extended time for the
liquidator of Kenton Kijabe Hills Farmers Cooperative Society Limited
• Creditors of Soil Cares Limited are required to send full particulars of their claims against the Company, to the liquidator KVSK Sastry on or before 25th February, 2020
• The Registrar of Companies has gazette 37 dissolved companies.
• The Registrar of Companies has gazette 49companies that they intend to dissolve.
Proposed construction of a 40,000 cubic meter Mkuru Water Dam in Kishushe sub location,Wumingu/Kishushe ward in Taita Sub-county of Taita Taveta County
Kenya Climate Smart Agriculture Project, is proposing to construct of a dam capacity
40,000 cubic meters
The Proposed Kakamega Forest Conservation Fence Project, Kakamega County
Kenya Forest Service is proposing is proposing to construct an electric fence around
Kakamega Forest and replant the degraded forest patches with indigenous trees in
Completion of Development Plans
• PDP Nos. KBK130/2019104 and KBK/30/2019/05 —Existing Sites for Residential
Developments within Eldama Ravine Town.
• Completion of Physical and Land Use Development Plans for 12 Towns in Makueni
• Makindu Mkn/142/2019/O1
• MaliliTown Mkn1260312019/01
• KibweziTown Mkn119312019/01
• SalamaTown Mkn12584/2019/O1
• MatilikuTown Mkn/258112019101
• KalawaTown Mkn/2604/2019101
• KalongoTown Mkn/2605/2019/01
• KitiseTown Mkn/2606/2019/O1
• MavindiniTown Mkn1260712019101
• NthongoniTown Mkn1260812019101
• KinyambuTown Mkn1260912019/01
• ZiwaniTown Mkn261012019101