Legislative Supplements, 2020
- The Public Health (Covid-19 Prohibition of Sale of Alcoholic Drinks) Rules, 2020
- The Tax Procedures (Unassembled Motor Vehicles and Trailers) (Amendment) Regulations, 2020
- The Competition Act—Exclusions
- The Stamp Duty (Valuation of Immovable Property) Regulations, 2020
- The Kisii University Statutes
- The Special Economic Zones Act— Declaration of Special Economic Zones
- The Wildlife Conservation and Management (National Parks) (Amendment) Regulations, 2020
Senate Bills, 2020
- The Basic Education (Amendment) Bill, 2020
- The Cabinet Secretary for the National Treasury and Planning has appointed members of the Board of Directors of the Nairobi International Financial Centre Authority.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Tourism and Wildlife has appointed a Task Force on the Wildlife Corridor Connectivity between the Nairobi National Park and the Athi-Kapiti Plains.
- The Chief Justice has appointed Dennis Kirui to be a member of the Auctioneers Licensing Board
- The August Recess of the Supreme Court commenced on 1st August, 2020 and it shall terminate on 15th September, 2020. There will be a duty Judge available to attend to urgent matters. During this period, the Supreme Court registry shall be open to the public from 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on all week days other than public holidays.
- On the request of the Senate Majority Leader, with the support of the requisite number of Senators, the Senate Speaker has appointed Monday, 17th August, 2020 as a day for a special sitting of the Senate. The sitting shall be held in the Senate Chamber, Main Parliament Buildings, Nairobi, commencing at 10.00 a.m. The business to be transacted at the sitting shall be the consideration of the third basis for allocating, among the counties, the share of national revenue that is annually allocated to the county level of government.
- The Estate Agents Registration Board has published in gazette a list of Registered Estate Agents
- The National Government Constituencies Development Fund Board has appointed, with the approval of the National Assembly, the members of National Government Constituency Development Fund Committees in various constituencies.
- The Registrar of Trade Unions has received a notice of change of the constitution of the Bakery, Confectionery, Food Manufacturing and Allied Workers’ Union (Kenya).
LAND AND ENVIRONMENT SECTOR
Proposed installation and operation of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) bullet storage tanks on Plot No. MN/VI/3070, Changamwe area, Mombasa County
Lionsgate gas and oil limited, is proposing to construct and install three LPG bullet storage tanks, excavations or earth works, installation of the tanks and pipe works, construction of a boundary wall, entry gates, fire pump house, weighing bridge and administration office on Plot L R. No. MN/VI/3070 in Changamwe area, Mombasa County.
Completion of the Kapkoi Local Physical and Land Use Development Plan (2018-2028)
FINANCIAL SERVICES SECTOR
- The Central Bank of Kenya has published in the Kenya Gazette the Administrative procedures for the Central Bank of Kenya for the Administration of Part IV of the Public Officer Ethics Act, 2003.
- The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority has received claims for unclaimed assets from persons claiming to be administrators of the estates of deceased persons and agents of the original owners. If no objection is lodged at the offices of the Authority within 30 days, payment will be made to them.
- The Registration Committee and the Council of the Institute of Certified Investment and Financial Analysts (ICIFA) has published in the Kenya Gazette the registration of full members of the Institute.
- The Registration Committee and the Council of the Institute of Certified Investment and Financial Analysts (ICIFA) has published in the Kenya Gazette the registration of firms authorised to engage in the public practice of securities and investment analysis.
The Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority has amended the L = Target System Loss Factor in transmission and distribution from 14.9% to 19.9%, effective 1st July, 2020.
- The Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority has published in the Kenya Gazette that:
- Fuel energy cost charge of plus 240 Kenya cents per kWh
- A foreign exchange fluctuation adjustment of plus 47.69 Cents per kWh
- A Water Resource Management Authority (WRMA) levy of plus 2.41 Cents per kWh
- An inflation adjustment of plus 32 Cents per kWh
for all meter readings to be taken in August, 2020.
The Agriculture and Food Authority proposes to issue the license to the various applicants in the coffee industry.
The Communications Authority of Kenya has published in the Kenya Gazette a list of applicants for grant of the licences:
|Mutis Media Group Limited / Elisam TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Vijana Wa Nguvu CBO / Makutano FM||Community Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Abba Faith Church / Abba FM||Community Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Sasala Communications Limited / Sasala FM||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Dalf Media Limited / Radio Kisii FM||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|HC Capital Consult Limited / Taraji FM||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Shungwaya Broadcasting Services / SBS Radio||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|