Legislative Supplements, 2020
- The Traffic (Registration Plates) (Amendment) Rules, 2020
- The Architects and Quantity Surveyors (Continuing Professional Development) By- laws, 2020
- The Kadhi’s Court Rules, 2020
- The Cabinet Secretary for Transport, Infrastructure, Housing, Urban Development and Public Works has appointed the members of the Kenya Urban Roads Authority Board.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Tourism and Wildlife has extended the term of the Taskforce on the Wildlife Corridor Connectivity between Nairobi National Park and Athi-Kapiti Plains members for a further period of sixty (60) days, with effect from the 9th December, 2020.
- The Director of Public Prosecutions has revoked the appointment of Naylor Shivaciii Makopu as a public prosecutor for the purposes of all cases arising under the Anti-Counterfeit Act, 2008,
TRADE & MANUFACTURING SECTOR
The Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority Schedule of Tariffs 2018 for Electricity Tariffs, Charges, Prices and Rates:
- a fuel energy cost charge of + 256 Kenya cents per kWh
- a foreign exchange fluctuation adjustment of plus 54.66 cents per kWh
- a Water Resource Management Authority (WRMA) Levy of plus 2.25 Cents per kWh
for all meter readings to be taken in November 2020.
Tariff renewal application by NAL Offgrid Limited
The Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority is notifying the general public that it has considered the tariff renewal application made by NAL Offgrid Limited in Lolupe, Longech, Kataboi and Nadwat sites, Turkana County, and approved applicable tariffs for a period of 3 years with effect from the 1st October, 2020
KCAA decisions on applications for air service licences
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority has made decisions on applications for air service licences whose particulars were previously published in the Kenya Gazette Notice No. 7376 of 2020.
- Air Balloon Services Limited have been authorised launching from Uhuru Park, Nyayo Stadium, Jamhuri Park, Moi International Sports Centre – Kasarani, Waterfront Mall – Karen, Two Rivers Mall and Garden City Mall subject to obtaining prior authorization from the Authority and the relevant
- AMREF Flying Doctors application for non-scheduled emergency medical service within/out of/into Kenya to/from points in Africa/Rest of the World using aircraft types BE20, PC12, C560, C550, C680 and CL60 based at Wilson Airport and JKIA has been deferred.
Competition Authority Authorisations
- The proposed acquisition of assets of Dilpack Kenya Limited by Elgon Kenya Limited
- The proposed acquisition of control of Kingdom 5-KR-185 Limited by Madison Hotels and Resorts Limited
- The proposed acquisition of control of Ignazio Messina and C.S.P.A and Roro Italia S.R.L by Marinvest S.R.L
- The proposed acquisition of control of Marsyetu Limited by Mija Limited
- The proposed acquisition of 20% of the issued shares with controlling rightsin Icolo Limited by Prif Africa Holding Limited
- The proposed acquisition of 25% interest in Macquarie Airfinance Limited by Sunsuper Pty Limited
- The proposed acquisition of control of certain assets of Bamburi Special Products Limited by Yellow House Limited
- The Ag. Commissioner for Co-operatives Development has ordered an inquiry be held to look into dealings of Kenya Rural Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Limited (C/S 8455)
- The Ag. Commissioner for Co-operatives Development has ordered an inquiry be held to look into dealings of Mobamba Farmers Society Limited (C/S 225)
- The Ag. Commissioner for Co-operatives Development has extended Philip Uluma, Principal Co-operative Officer, State Department of Co-operatives term as liquidator of Mukenia Farmers’ Co-operative Society Limited (CS/6238).
Completion of Part Development Plan
Title of the Part Development Plan: 368/2020/1—Existing Site for Kenya Revenue Authority
Environmental Impact Assessment Study Report
- West Kenya Sugar Company Limited, is proposing to construct 66kv overhead transmission line from West Kenya Sugar Factory in Kakamega to Pan Paper Mills in Webuye.
- Green City Incinerators Limited, is proposing the installation of an incinerator that will contribute to safe and proper treatment of hazardous waste from Machakos County and the surrounding counties.
- The National Environmental Management Authority (NEMA) has received a Draft Strategic Environmental Assessment report for the proposed Naivasha Special Economic Zone Master Plan on L.R. No. 8396/56 in Nakuru County. The SEA findings are expected to integrate the existing sectoral plans and programs to establish sustainable development mechanisms.
FINANCIAL SERVICES SECTOR
The Insurance Regulatory Authority has approved the transfer of the long term insurance business of Geminia Insurance Company Limited (transferor) to Geminia Life Insurance Company Limited (transferee).