Nomination of persons for Appointment as High Commissioners and Ambassadors
His Excellency the President intends to deliver the 2020 State of the Nation Address to the Parliament on Thursday, 12th November 2020
- Legal Notice No.191 of 2020 relating to the Retirement Benefits (Forms and Fees) (Amendment) Regulations, 2020and the Explanatory Memorandum from the National Treasury
- Legal Notice No.192 of 2020 relating to the Retirement Benefits (Mortgage Loans) (Amendment) Regulations, 2020and the Explanatory Memorandum from the National Treasury
- Legal Notice No.193 of 2020 relating to the Retirement Benefits (Umbrella Retirement Benefits Schemes) (Amendment) Regulations, 2020 and the Explanatory Memorandum from the National Treasury
- Legal Notice No.197 of 2020 relating to the Public Finance Management (Credit Guarantee Scheme) Regulations, 2020 from the National Treasury and the Explanatory Memorandum
- The 2020 Budget Review and Outlook Paper from the Ministry of National Treasury and Planning
- Sessional Paper No.2 of 2020 on the Veterinary Policy from the State Department for Livestock
- Sessional Paper No.3 of 2020 on the Livestock Policy from the State Department for Livestock
- The Report of the Auditor-General on the Financial Statements in respect of the Kenya Post Office Savings Bank for the year ended 30th June 2018 and the certificates therein
- The Report of the Steering Committee on the Implementation of the Building Bridges to a United Kenya Taskforce Report.
- The Report of the Departmental Committee on Defence and Foreign Relations on the Vetting of Nominees for Appointment to the Positions of Ambassadors and High Commissioners/Permanent Representatives.
- Reports of the Departmental Committee on Communication, Information and Innovation on:
- The Vetting of Ms. Immaculate Kassait, the Nominee for Appointment as the Data Commissioner
- The Kenya Information and Communications (Amendment) Bill (National Assembly Bill No. 20 of 2019).
- Reports of the Committee on Delegated Legislation on its consideration of:
- The Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Regulations, 2020, Legal Notice No. 33 of 2020
- The Crops (Sugar) (General) Regulations) 2020, Legal Notice No. 99 of 2020.
- The second quarterly report from EACCKenya for the period covering April 1st 2020 to 30th June 2020.
- Submission of the Statutory Six-month Preference and Reservation report from the public procurement regulatory authority, KIPRA. -Hon. Emmanuel Wangwe
- Legal notice no. 195 relating to the registration of persons national integrated identity management system rules 2020 and the explanatory memorandum from the Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government.
- Legal notice no. 196 relating to the Data Protection Civil Registration Regulation 2020 and the explanatory memorandum from the Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government.
- Consolidated annual report for the financial years 2017/2018, 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 from the Office of the DPP.
- Report of the Auditor General and financial statements of the East African Portland Cement for the year ended, 30th June 2020 and the certificate therein.
Notices of Motions
- Approval of persons for Appointment as High Commissioners and Ambassadors
The House approved the appointment of the following persons as High Commissioners, Ambassadors and Permanent Representatives:
- Amb. John Tipis, High Commissioner to Canberra-Australia.
- Ms. Immaculate Wambua, High Commissioner to Ottawa-Canada.
- Amb. Catherine Mwangi, High Commissioner to Pretoria-Republic of South Africa.
- Amb. Martin Kimani, Permanent Representative to United Nations-New York.
- Amb. Jean Kimani, Permanent Representative to the UN Habitat-Nairobi.
- Amb. Tom Amolo, Ambassador to Berlin-Germany.
- Mr. Lindsay Kiptiness, Ambassador to Bangkok-Thailand.
- Amb. Daniel Wambura, Ambassador to Bujumbura-Burundi.
- Ms. Stella Munyi, Ambassador to Harare-Zimbabwe.
- Maj. Gen. (Rtd.) Samuel Nandwa, Ambassador to Juba-South Sudan.
- Maj. Gen. (Rtd.) Ngewa Mukala, Ambassador to Khartoum-Sudan.
- Amb. Benson Ogutu, Ambassador to Moscow-Russia.
- Mr. Joshua Gatimu, Ambassador to Tehran-Iran.
- Amb. Tabu Irina, Ambassador to Tokyo-Japan.
- Appointment of Ms.Immaculate Kassait as The Data Commissioner
The House approved the appointment of Ms. Immaculate Kassait as the Data Commissioner.
Annulment of the Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Regulations
The House adopted the Report of the Committee on Delegated Legislation on its consideration of the Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Regulations of 2020 and annulled the Special Economic Zones (Amendment) Regulations of 2020, Legal Notice No. 33 of 2020.
Annulment of the Crops (Sugar) (General) Regulations
The House adopts the Report of the Committee on Delegated Legislation on its consideration of the Crops (Sugar) (General) Regulations of 2020 and it annulled the Crops (Sugar) (General) Regulations of 2020, Legal Notice No. 99 of 2020.
Approval of Nominees for Appointment into Constituency Committees
The House approved a list of nominees for appointment to the following eight constituency committees of the National Government Constituencies Development Fund.
- Bomet East.
- Dagoretti South.
- Eldama Ravine.
- Kitutu Chache South.
- Nyeri Town.
- Dagoretti North.
Communication from the Chair
Judgment of the High Court In Constitutional Petitions
The House Business Committee resolved as follows in regard to the High Court judgment:
a) The National Assembly will appeal the decision of the High Court in Constitutional Petition No. 284 of 2019 as consolidated with Constitutional Petition No. 353 of 2019
b) In the meantime, no legislative business will be undertaken by the House in the coming days, whether from the National Assembly or the Senate pending a way forward on the decision contained in the High Court’s Judgment, while seeking stay or setting aside of the Judgment by the Court of Appeal.
Alteration of the Calendar
The House resolved to alter its Calendar for the Fourth Session (Regular Sessions), as amended on September 8, 2020 and orders as follows with respect to the Sittings of the House during the period November 3 to December 3, 2020
(a) That, the House will hold–
(i) Afternoon Sittings on Tuesdays commencing at 2.30 p.m.
(ii) Morning and Afternoon Sittings on Thursdays commencing at 10.00 a.m. and at 2.30 p.m.
(b) That, with effect from November 4, 2020, the sittings of the House of Wednesdays (Morning and Afternoon) stand suspended
(c) That on Thursday Mornings, business not sponsored by the Majority, the Minority Party or a Committee shall have precedence over all other business.
Adoption of Sessional Paper No.2 of 2019 on The National Policy on Gender and Development
The House adopted the Report of the Departmental Committee on Labour and Social Welfare on its consideration of the Sessional Paper No.2 of 2019 on the National Policy on Gender and Development and further approves Sessional Paper No. 2 of 2019 on the National Policy on Gender and Development.
- The Annual County Governments Budget Implementation Review Report for FY 2019/20
- The 2020 Budget Review and Outlook Paper for FY 2021/2022 and Medium Term Budget
- Sessional Paper No.2 of 2020 on The Proposed Veterinary Policy
- Sessional Paper No.3 of 2020 on The Proposed Livestock Policy
- The Salaries and Remuneration Commission Annual Report for the financial year 2018/2019
- The Nuts and Oil Crops Regulations 2020.
The Implication of the High Court Judgement on Constitutional Petition No.284 of 2019
The Senate Business Committee (SBC) will give further directions on the next course of action on the Bills will be communicated in due course
No Bill which does not meet the requirements of Article 110 (3) of the Constitution will be scheduled in the Order Paper at any stage before that exercise is completed and directions given.
Adoption of the Ninth Progress Report of the Ad-hoc Committee on the Covid-19 situation in Kenya
The Senate adopted the Ninth Progress Report of the Ad-hoc Committee on the COVID-19 Situation in Kenya laid on the Table of the Senate on Tuesday, 29th September, 2020.