Legislative Supplements, 2020
- The Public Order (State Curfew) (Extension and Variation) Order, 2020
- The Stamp Duty Act — Exemption
- The Kenya Heroes Act — Commencement
- The Petroleum Development Levy (Amendment) Order, 2020
- The Interpretation and General Provisions Act—Delegation of Powers
- The Stamp Duty Act—Exemption.
The Cabinet Secretary for Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Co-operatives has re-appointed Dr. Eliud K. Krieger to be the Director-General of the Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organization (KALRO)
The Cabinet Secretary for Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Co-operatives has appointed Eng.Thomas Kipkurui Murgor to be a member of the Warehouse Receipt System Council.
- The Inspector – General of Police has designated establishments to be police stations.
- The members of First Independent Power (Kenya) Limited held a General Meeting on the 7th August, 2020 and they passed a Special Resolution “That the company be wound up as a Members’ Voluntary Liquidation and that the Official Receiver of the Republic of Kenya be appointed as the liquidator for the purposes of winding up”.
Completion of Part Development Plans
PDP Nos. 2450/2020/01, 02 and 03—Formalization of the Existing Residential Plots.
PDP Nos. 332/2020/01and 02—Formalization of the Existing Plots.
Environmental Impact Assessment Study Report
- The proposed sea erosion control barrier (Seawall) I.E erection of a 84 meter long porous gabion barrier on property Plot No. Kwale/Galu Kinondo/26, Kwale County by Villa Kalista Enterprises.
- The proposed overhaul and replacement of a hot rolling steel mill at the reinforced steel division of the corrugated sheets limited located on a section of parcel of land Plot No.24606 at Kokotoni Area, Kilifi County by Corrugated Sheets Limited.
- The proposed asbestos sanitary landfill, Plot L.R. 184 Under Certificate No. 155, Muthaara Locality, Juja Sub-county, Kiambu County by Waste Afrika Kenya Limited.
- The proposed electricity generating wind turbines (wind farm) on L.R. Nos. Nguirubi/ Thigio/ 439, 624B, 626, 629, 631, 632, 644, 1052. 1286, 1288, 1287, 1289, 1291, 1301, 1311A, 1315A, 1316A, 1317A, 1318A, 1319A, 1320A, 1322A, 1331A, 1332A, 1333A, 1334A, 1628 and Nguirubi/ Ndiuni/ 377, 1244, 1304, 1314 and 1457 in Ndeiya, Kiambu County by Aperture Green Power Company Limited.
TRADE AND MANUFACTURING SECTOR
- The Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority has published in the Kenya Gazette a notice indicating the prices for electrical energy for all meter readings to be taken in September, 2020.
-fuel energy cost charge of + 243 Kenya cents per kWh
-foreign exchange fluctuation adjustment of + 57.80 cents per kWh
-Water Resource Management Authority (WRMA) levy of + 2.25 cents per kWh
- The Commissioner of Customs and Border Control has appointed several areas to be Transit Shed and Customs areas.
- Runda Water Limited (RWL) proposes an upward tariff review to enable the Utility to operate at full cost recovery and meet conditions for improving service delivery.
- The proposed transaction for the acquisition of 80% of the Embraer S.A. commercial aviation by Boeing Company failed to take place following the decision of the parties to withdraw from the transaction.
- The Competition Authority of Kenya (CAK) notifies the public that the East African Tea Trade Association (EATTA) has made an application for an exemption from application of Part III A and B of the Act for a period of 10 years.
- The Agriculture and Food Authority proposes to grant licenses and registration certificates to several applicants.
FINANCIAL SERVICES SECTOR
Claims for Unclaimed Assets
The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority has received claims for unclaimed assets from several people claiming to be administrators of estates of deceased persons and agents of the original owners. If no objection is lodged at the offices of the Authority 30 days, the people will be paid.
The Communications Authority of Kenya has published in the Kenya Gazette applicants for grant of the licences:
|Brite Afrika Holdings Limited/ Mworoto FM Kenya||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Butangi Family Africa Limited/ Mubarak FM||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Jusgawanjira Construction Limited/ Nkubu Ziwa TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Occupy Media Limited / Occupy Television||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Revelation Point Limited / Mumo TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Synagogue Media Limited / Synagogue TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Weega Media Services Limited / Weega TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Unitee Parcel Services Limited||National Courier Operator Licence|
|Popote ParcelServices Limited||National Courier Operator Licence|
|JBN Express Limited||National Courier Operator Licence|
|Bodafy Parcel Services||National Courier Operator Licence|
|Kings Skypay Limited||Network Facilities Provider Tier 3 (NFP-T3)|
|Sky Dot. Group Telco Limited||Network Facilities Provider Tier 3 (NFP-T3)|