LEGISLATIVE SUPPLEMENTS, 2021
- The National Youth Service Regulations, 2021.
- The Export Processing Zones Act—Declaration of Export Processing Zone
- The Income Tax Act—Exemption
NATIONAL ASSEMBLY BILLS, 2021
The National Government Constituencies Development Fund (Amendment) Bill, 2021
- The National Government Constituencies Development Fund Board has appointed members of the National Government Constituency Development Fund Committees with the approval of the National Assembly.
- The seat of the Member of the National Assembly for Bonchari Constituency has become vacant with effect from the 15th February, 2021.
- The seat of the Member of the National Assembly for Juja Constituency has become vacant with effect from the 22nd February, 2021.
TRADE AND MANUFACTURING SECTOR
Insolvency & Liquidation
- A liquidator for Aljazeera Channel Limited has been appointed by the High Court of Kenya, Nairobi
- An insolvency petition for the winding up of Printfast Kenya Limited filed by Uneeco Paper Products Limited has been listed for hearing before the High Court at Mombasa on the 21st April, 2021 at 9.00 a.m. or the forenoon.
The Kebo Teachers Investment Cooperative Society Limited (CS/7882) has been dissolved and as such its registration has been cancelled.
LAND AND ENVIRONMENT
- The National Land Commission on behalf of Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) intends to acquire additional land – Mombasa/M.S/Block 1/1943 for the construction of Likoni Floating Foot Bridge (LFB) Project. The hearing of claims to compensation by people interested in the land to be acquired shall be held on Tuesday, 23rd March. 2021 at Ganjoni Chief’s office from 10.00 a.m.
- The National Land Commission on behalf of Kenya Rural Roads Authority (KeRRA) gives notice that the National Government intends to delete Ndeiya/Ndeiya/2289 parcels-of land as it is no longer needed for the construction of Thogoto—Gikambura—Mutarakwa Road Project in Kiambu County.
- The National Land Commission on behalf of the County Government of Kilifi gives notice that inquiry to hear claims to compensation for interested parties in the land required for the construction of a retail market at Rabai — Kisurutini ward in Kilifi County shall be on Wednesday, 24th March, 2021 at Rabai Chief’s Office from 10.30 a.m.
- The National Land Commission on behalf of Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) intends to delete, correct and add several parcels of land required for the construction of Nairobi Express Way Road.
- The National Land Commission gives notice that the Government intends to acquire parcels of land on behalf of the Ministry of Water, Sanitation and Irrigation for part of the Lower Nzoia Irrigation Development Project Phase 1 in Siaya and Busia counties.
- The National Land Commission on behalf of the Kenya Rural Roads Authority (KeRRA) gives notice that the National Government intends to delete and add parcels of land for the construction of Kipsigak-Serem-Shamakhokho Road Project.
Completion of Development Plans
- The preparation of the below-mentioned Part Development Plans relating to land situated within Leheley Township within, Wajir County is complete:
- PDP No.2608/2021/01 – Proposed Site for Tawane Educational Centre;
- PDP No.2608/2021/02 – Proposed Sites for Medium Density Residential Plots
- Notice has been issued for the intention to prepare a Land Use Plan for Kasigau Ranch in Taita Taveta County.
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT
- Hybrid RE 1 SPV Limited, proposes to develop a wind, solar photovoltaic (PV) and battery storage of up to I20MW. It will comprise of wind turbines, Solar PV panels, battery storage components, transmission line, substation, associated facilities and amenities in Athwana Ward, Meru County.
- Great Lakes Medical Centre, proposes to construct a three-storey building comprising:
- Ground Floor which will have an emergency room, consultation room, laboratory, outpatient pharmacy, kitchen, procedure room, nursing area, payment and records office and a waiting area.
- First Floor which will have a delivery room, husbands bay, maternity ward, doctors room, scrubbing area and a theatre.
- Second Floor which will have a paediatric ward, nurse station, female general ward and a male general ward.
- Third Floor which will have a renal unit, board room ICU, administration office, ICU nurse duty room and X-Ray room, a septic tank, incinerator and other associated amenities.