LEGISLATIVE SUPPLEMENTS, 2021
Senate Bills, 2021
- The Basic Education (Amendment) Bill, 2021
- The Kenya Sign Language Bill, 2021
- The County Vocational Education and Training Bill, 2021
- The Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood) Bill, 2021
- The Pandemic Response and Management Bill, 2021
- The County Hall of Fame Bill, 2021
- The County Tourism Bill, 2021
- The Judicial Service Commission has appointed Hon. Peter Mukholi to be the Deputy Registrar of the National Civil Aviation Administrative Review Tribunal, effective 2nd February, 2021.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Water, Sanitation and Irrigation has published in the Gazette, a list of employees transferred from the Water Services Boards to Water Works Development Agencies Established by the Water Act.
- The Council for Legal Education has published in the Gazette a list of people that have passed examinations and pupillage.
- The Registrar of Political Parties has given notice that Safina Party intends to change particulars relating Party Officials while United Democratic Alliance intends to change their particulars relating to Party Constitution and Change of Party Officials. Any person with written submissions concerning the intended changes should within seven (7) days from today, deposit them with the Registrar of Political Parties.
The Easter Recess, 2021
- The recess for the Court of Appeal will commence on Wednesday, 31st March, 2021, and shall terminate on Wednesday, 7th April, 2021, both days inclusive. The Registries of the court will however be open to the public from 9.00 a.m. to 12 noon on all weekdays except public holidays. A judge(s) will be in attendance for the disposal of any urgent business.
- The recess of the High Court and Courts of Equal Status shall commence on 25th March and terminate on 6th April, 2021, both days inclusive. Recess Duty Judges shall be appointed to hear and try matters arising during Recess in accordance with the High Court (Practice and Procedure) Rules.
TRADE AND MANUFACTURING SECTOR
- The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority has published in the Gazette a list of applicants who have applied for various air service licences and advised that any representation in favour of or against any application should be made in writing to the Director-General, Kenya Civil Aviation Authority.
- The Registrar of the Physical Planners Registration Board has published in the Gazette a list of registered physical planners that appear in the register.
- The Registrar of the Estate Agents Registration Board has published in the Gazette a list of registered estate agents that have renewed their practicing certificates as at 11th March, 2021 and are therefore sanctioned by the Board to practice as estate agents.
LAND AND ENVIRONMENT
Completion of Development Plans
The preparation of the below-mentioned Part Development Plans is complete:
- PDP No. R/B197712021/01: Existing Site for Endorois Cultural Centre – relating to land situated within Loboi Trading Centre.
- PDP No: MKNICSPI0112019- Proposed Lafaha Farm, approved on 19th November, 2019 by the County Assembly of Makueni.
- PDP No: 27281202110I-Proposed Lafaha Farm – relating to land situate in Lagbhogol Town within Wajir County.
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT
- Kenya Airports Authority, proposes to expand the Malindi Airport Runway through the construction of an approximate 1km extension to bitumen surface which will affect 9 villages; Majivuni J.C.C, Kalimani Poa, Majivuni, Ziwani, Bondeni, Furunzi A, Furunzi B, Majivuni B and Mtangani, fencing (chain link and barbed wire fence), storm water drainage works, associated facilities and amenities in Malindi Town, Kilifi County.
- Rift Valley Water Works Development Agency (RVWWDA), proposes to construct a Chepareria Town Sewerage project of an approximate length of the conveyance system around 11km of sewerage network and a WWTP to cover Chepareria Town in West Pokot County.
- Power China International Group Limited, proposes to construct a three-storey office block, five-3 storey residential blocks, 98 parking spaces, 2 loading bays, 2 gate houses, ancillary services building, associated infrastructural facilities and amenities, on Plot L.R. No. 1008/219, Nairobi City County.