THE KENYA GAZETTE SUMMARY
This is part of the Vellum Weekly. The full 20th December edition can be found here VELLUM WEEKLY 20 DECEMBER 2019
- The Competition Act—Exclusions
- The Excise Duty (Remission of Excise Duty) (Amendment) Regulations, 2019
- The Land Registration (Electronic Land Transactions) (Revocation) Regulations, 2019
- The Wildlife (Conservation and Management) (National Parks) (Amendment) Regulations, 2019
- The Competition Act—Exclusion
- The Competition (Amendment) Act, 2019
- The Insurance (Amendment) Act, 2019
- President Uhuru Kenyatta has appointed Henry Gichuhi Kinyua to be the Chairperson of the Board of Directors of the New Kenya Planters Co-operative Union.
- President Uhuru Kenyatta has confered Awards and Honours to various people.
- The Judicial Service Commission has appointed Desma Atieno Nungo to be the Chairperson, Political Parties Tribunal
- The Judicial Service Commission has appointed John Morris Ohaga to be the Chairperson, Sports Tribunal
- The Cabinet Secretary for Lands and Physical Planning has appointed members of respective Land Control Boards.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Industry, Trade and Co-operatives has appointed members of the Board of Directors for the New Kenya Planters Co-operative Union
- The Cabinet Secretary for the Ministry of Devolution and the ASALs has established a selection panel to be known as the Selection Panel of the Intergovernmental Relations Technical Committee.
- The Attorney-General has appointed Rose Janet Ayugi, Linda Musilivi Murila, Jacob Ondari, Duncan Okello, Paul Musili Wambua, Kiraitu Murungi to be members of the Kenya Law Reform Commission
TRADE AND MANUFACTURING SECTOR
Applications for prospective licensing
- Central Glass Industries Limited has applied for a license to mine Silica Sand (Silica) in Kwale County.
- Chuanshan International Mining Company Limited has applied for a license to mine Diatomite at Baringo County.
Water Tariff Notices
- Mombasa Water Supply and Sanitation Company has gazette their approved Regular Tariffs.
- Eldoret Water and Sanitation Company has applied to the Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB) for a regular tariff review
Dissolution of Companies
- The Registrar shall have 2 companies struck off the register and the companies will be dissolved 30 days time.
- The Registrar has gazette 110 companies which have been struck off the register.
- The assets of Riley Services Limited, has been transferred to Riley Falcon Security Services Limited.
- Gina Din Corporate Communications will, subject to the fulfilment of certain conditions precedent, be transferred to Edelman Kenya Limited
- Ponangipalli Venkata Ramana Rao, of Tact Consultancy Services, has been appointed as the Administrator of Red Court Hotel Limited (Under Administration) effective the 9th December, 2019.
Completion Of Part Development Plan
- PDP No. HMB/429/2019/01—Existing Site for Commercial Plot No. 81, Ndhiwa Town.
- PDP No. 332/2018/06—Formalization of Existing Residential Plot.Environmental Impact Assessment Study Report
- Environmental Impact Assessment Study Report For The Proposed Apartments And Associated Amenities On Plot L.R. No. MN/1/5503 and MN/1/5504 in Nyali Mombasa County.
- Mbesa Investments Limited, is proposing to construct 126 No. units comprising of 3 blocks, Block A and B having 34 No. unit apartments each, Block C having 58 No. unit apartments
- Proposed Embakasi Affordable Housing Project On Plot No. 7109/6, Embakasi South Sub County, Nairobi City County
- Unique Housing Developers Limited, is proposing to construct 808 No.units comprising of 192 No. units one bedroom, 304 No. units two bedroom, 120 No. unit three bedrooms, 192 No. units studio apartments and other associated facilities and amenities
- Proposed Construction Of Apartmenthotel On L.R. Nos. 12672/56 And 12672/57 (L.R. No. 12672/238) Along Riviera Drive Off Limuru Road In Runda Kigwaru, Nairobi City County
- Rosslyn Rose Hotel Limited, proposes to construct an apartment-hotel consisting of 163No. units (basement with parking space of 119 vehicles, ground floor with parking space of 0 vehicles)
- The Proposed Construction Of Residential Apartments On Plot L.R. No. 20959/1/Mn, Bombolulu, Mombasa County
- Green Vine Heights Limited, is proposing to construct a five storey residential apartment (ground, 1st to 4th floor, plus a pent house floor) comprising 220No. three bedroom units, 2No. two-bedroom units, pent houses of two bedrooms
- The Proposed Mixed Development On Plot L.R. No. Donyo Sabuk/ Komarock Block 1/89438, Joskakamulu Location, Matungulu Sub-county In Machakos County
- Mrs. Margaret Wahu Karimi, is proposing to construct and manage a mixed development on 0.444Ha. in two phases.
- The Proposed Mining Of Manganese Ore In Laresoro In Waso Division, Samburu County
- Gems and Industrial Minerals Limited, is proposing a simple open cast manual method of mining for the exploitation of the Manganese in Laresoro in Waso Division, Samburu County.
- The Proposed Indian Sandalwood (Santalum Album) Plantation Project In Kajiado County
- Sandalwood Plantations Limited, is proposing to set up the Indian Sandalwood (Santalum album) plantation project