- The Kenya Deposit Insurance (Amendment) Act, 2022
Senate Bills 2022
- The County Allocation of Revenue Bill, 2022
National Assembly Bills 2022
- The Kenya School of Law (Amendment) BIll, 2022
- The Public Finance Management (Amendment) Bill, 2022
- The Finance Bill, 2022
- The Legal Education (Amendment) Bill, 2022
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (Amendment) Bill, 2022
Suspension of Continuous Voter Registration
- Chairperson of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission, Wafula Chebukati, has gazetted notice that the application for new registration and change in registration of voters in Kenya and for Kenyan citizens living outside the country has been suspended from May 4, 2022 to March 13, 2023. The IEBC notified the public that the suspension is to enable availability of the register of voters to the public for purposes of verification of biometric data and particulars of registered voters in accordance with sections 6A of the Elections Act, 2011.
Availability of the voter register for verification
- Chairperson of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission, Wafula Chebukati, has gazetted notice that the new Preliminary Register of Voters has been completed and is available for verification for a period of thirty (30) days from May 4, 2022 to June 2, 2022.
Appointment of Presidential Returning Officer
- The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission has appointed the Chairperson of the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission, Wafula Chebukati, as the Returning Officer for the Presidential Election scheduled to be held on August 9, 2022.
Appointment of County and Constituency Returning Officers
- The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission has appointed numerous persons as County Returning Officers, Constituency Returning Officers, Deputy Constituency Returning Officers and Returning and Deputy Returning Officers for Kenyan citizens residing outside the country. The appointments are for the purpose of the August 9, 2022, General Election exercise. The Constituency Returning and Deputy Returning Officers shall also be Registration and Registration Assistants for purposes of the verification of the register of voters exercise scheduled to be conducted from May 4, 2022 to June 2, 2022.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Co-operatives has gazetted the appointment of the Potato Taskforce for a period of 5 months from May 6, 2022.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Sports, Culture and Heritage has gazetted the appointment of the Task force to Develop Policy and Bill on Libraries for a period of six (6) months, with effect from April 19, 2022. The Cabinet Secretary may, if necessary,extend the term of the Taskforce.
LAND and ENVIRONMENT SECTOR
Completion of Part Development Plans
- PDP Ref. No. C21/Gatanga/07/202l – Proposed formalisation of existing Kigoro Dairy Farmers Co-operative Society.
- PDP Ref No.C21/Murang’a/04/2022 – Proposed:
- Formalisation of existing Muthigiriri Primary School.
- Formalisation of existing Muthigiriri ACK St. Mark’s Church.
- Site for Government Post.
- PDP Ref No. R7/2022/0I- Formalisation of Existing Water Resources Authority Land in Nakuru.
Completion of Local Physical and Land Use Development Plan
- PDP Ref No. NRB/2564/2022/02- Konza Technopolis Local Physical and Land Use Development Plan (Detailed Action Area Plan- Phase 2 and 3).
Environmental Impact Assessment
- The proposed Eldama Ravine Sewerage project will involve construction of primary and secondary sewer network within Eldama Ravine Town and construction of waste water treatment works. The proposed investment entails construction of a2Nr streams of wastewater stabilisation ponds with capacity to treat 5111 m3d comprising of the following components; Inlet works and exhauster discharge bay, 2Nr facultative ponds, 8Nr maturation ponds, 10Nr sludge drying beds, grade 9 staff houses, wastewater laboratory,associated facilities and amenities.
- The proponent Makadara Oil Terminal Limited (MOTL), proposes to construct an oil and gas storage depot comprising of (iNo. aboveground storage tanks with a capacity of 1200m3, 2 No. LPG spheres, loading/offloading gantries,warehouse facility, pumps/ pumping area, administration building, fire-fighting infrastructure, server rooms, weighbridge, truck parking, rail siding, drainage system and associated infrastructure.
- The proposed project will involve construction of an affordable residential complex of three 16 storey towers.The ground level is designated for parking and commercial facilities and the upper floors comprise of 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom affordable apartments. The project design also comprises recreational area, rooftop astro football pitches, garden spaces, ocean views and commercial facilities (chemist, shops, football pitches, gym, Nursery school). The design has also provided for a mini-water treatment plant while a perimeter wall will be erected around the estate.