The Kenya Gazette Summary
This is part of the Vellum Weekly. The full 28th February 2020 edition can be found here Vellum 28_02_2020
• The Cabinet Secretary for Education has re-appointed Martin O. Okiyo and Mrs. Rosemary C. Saina to be members of the Kenya National Examinations Council Board
• The Cabinet Secretary for Education has appointed Prof. Eric Okoth Ogur to be a member of the Kenya National Examinations Council Board
• The Cabinet Secretary for Labour and Social Protection has appointed Mark Joseph Obuya to be a member of the National Social Security Fund
• The Chief Justice has appointed members of the Employment and Labour Relations Rules Committee.
• The Chief Justice has appointed Hon. George Odunga to be the chairman of the Mediation Accreditation Committee.
• The Chief Justice has appointed members of the Mediation Accreditation Committee.
• The Easter Recess of the High Court and Courts of Equal Status shall commence on 2nd April, 2020 and terminate on 14th April, 2020, both days inclusive.
Financial Services Sector
• The Registrar of Companies has approved a resolution of the Board of the bank formerly known as Barclays Bank of Kenya to effect a change of name from Barclays Bank Limited to ABSA Bank Limited PLC.
• The Commissioner of Insurance and CEO has gazetted:
i. Claims Settling Agents for the year 2020
ii. Insurance Brokers for the year 2020.
iii. Insurance Investigators for the year 2020.
iv. Insurance Loss Adjusters for the year 2020.
v. Medical Insurance Providers for the year 2020.
vi. Motor Assessors for the year 2020.
vii. Re-Insurance Brokers for the year 2020.
viii. Risk Managers for the year 2020.
ix. Companies are authorized to transact insurance business in Kenya as insurers
Trade and Manufacturing Sector
The Commissioner of Customs and Border Control has appointed the International Trunk Road Joining Nairobi-Maimahiu-Naivasha Internal Container Depot as a route over which goods in Transit, goods transferred between the East Africa Community partner states or goods carried coastwise shall be conveyed.
The Cabinet Secretary for Industry, Trade and Co-operatives has appointed Patrick Musila to be a member of the National Standards Council
The Cabinet Secretary for Petroleum and Mining has appointed members of the Community Development Agreement Committee between:
• Kisii South Community in Kisii County and County 45 Investment Limited.
• Kisii Central Community in Kisii County and County 45 Investment Limited
• Kositei. Chemolingot and Ribkwo Community in Baringo County and Chuanshan International Mining Company Limited
• Gilgil Community in Nakuru County and Africa Diatomite Industries Limited
• Embakasi Sub-county Community in Nairobi City County and Kenya Builders and Shamji Vishram Construction Limited
• Njiru Subcounty Community in Nairobi City County and Nyoro Construction Limited
• Njiru Subcounty (Kayole North) Community in Nairobi City County and Shamji Vishram and Sons Company Limited
• Lunga Lunga Sub-county Community in Kwale County and Mrima Bwiti Resettlement Scheme and Base Titanium Limited
• Kishushe Community in Taita Taveta County and Samruddha Resources Kenya Limited
• Likoni Subcounty Community in Kwale County and Base Titanium Limited
Competition Authority Authorisations
• The Competition Authority has authorized the proposed acquisition of indirect control of the companies comprising Kantar Group by Bain Capital Investors, LLC.
• The Competition Authority has conditionally authorized the proposed acquisition of control of Naivas International by Amethis Retail.
• The Competition Authority has authorized the proposed transfer of business and assets of Stanlib Kenya Limited to ICEA Lion Asset Management Limited.
Kereto Marima was appointed by Ecobank Kenya Limited to be the Receiver over specific assets of plant and machinery, being part of the property of East African Cables Limited.
Completion of Part Development Plans
Plan No. MS/350/2019102—Existing Site For Meru South Supreme Council of Njuri Ncheke.
Plan No. THA1383/2017/04—Existing Site For Mutonga Primary, Proposed KMFRI and P.0 .EA Church, Tharaka South.
Environmental Impact Assessment Study Report
The Proposed Special Economic Zone Industrial Park at Plateau Area, Kesses Sub- County, Uasin Gishu County
African Economic Zone Limited is proposing to step up a special Economic Zone Industrial Park at Plateau Area, Kesses Subcounty, Uasin Gishu County, on L.R. No. 6170/63 Original No. 6170/60/3 measuring 692 acres.
The Proposed Nairobi Expressway Project in Nairobi City County
China Roads and Bridge Corporation in partnership with Kenya National Highway Authority is proposing a Build Operate Transfer (BOT) model in Kenya. The project entails construction of expressway starting from Mlolongo through JKIA and terminating at James Gichuru roundabout.
The Proposed Revitalization of Kisumu Port Infrastructure in Kisumu County
Kenya Ports Authority, is proposing to revitalize the Kisumu Port infrastructure which currently occupies 17.5 hectares of land out of which 6 ha. are currently occupied by old and dilapidated infrastructure.