President of the Republic of Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta has appointed:
- Levi Franklin Mghalu to be the Chairperson of the Board of Directors of the Kenya National Shipping Line, for a period of three (3) years, with effect from 5th August, 2022.
Chief Justice and President of the Supreme Court, Martha Koome, has appointed:
- Various magistrates to preside over cases involving disputes relating to Environment and Land, in the areas of jurisdiction of their current court stations and future stations deployed to from time to time, with effect from 1st August, 2022.
National Treasury Monthly Financial Report
The Cabinet Secretary for the National Treasury and Planning, Ukur Yatani, has gazetted the Statement of Actual Revenues and Net Exchequer Issues as at 29th July, 2022. Below is a summary of the statement:
- TOTAL REVENUE
- Original Estimates – 3,544,602,089,866.00
- Actual Receipts – 178,783,698,345.60
- Total Recurrent Exchequer Issues
- Original Estimates – 1,178,399,125,393.00
- Exchequer Issues – 66,802,761,114.40
- Total CFS Exchequer Issues
- Original Estimates – 1,571,810,752,102.00
- Exchequer Issues – 89,534,130,074.70
- Total Development Exchequer Issues
- Original Estimates (Kshs) – 424,392,212,371.00
- Exchequer Issues (Kshs) – 0
- TOTAL ISSUES TO NATIONAL GOVERNMENT
- Original Estimates (Kshs) – 3,174,602,089,866.00
- Exchequer Issues (Kshs) – 156,336,891,189.10
- Total Issues–Equitable Issues
- Original Estimates (Kshs) – 370,000,000,000.00
- Total Cash Released (KSh.) – 22,992,452,583.00
- GRAND TOTAL
- Original Estimates (Kshs) – 3,544,602.089,866.00
- Total Cash Released (Kshs) – 179,329,343,772.10
- Exchequer Balance as at 30.06.2022 – 70,903,525.10
- The Director-General of the Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority has gazetted the prices for electrical energy that shall be liable to a Fuel Energy Cost Charge of +463 cents per kWh for all metre readings to be taken in August, 2022.
- The Director-General of the Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority has gazetted the prices for electrical energy that shall be liable to a foreign exchange fluctuation adjustment of +73.14 cents per kWh for all metre readings taken in August 2022.
- The Director General of the Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority has gazetted the prices for electrical energy that shall be liable to a Water Resource Management Authority (WRMA) Levy of +1.74 cents per kWh for all metre readings taken in August 2022.
LAND & ENVIRONMENT SECTOR
Completion of Part Development Plan
- PDP Ref No. MYL/194/2020/4 – Proposed Solar panel Site in Dabel Centre, Moyale
- PDP No. TCG/LPPU/KNK/001/2022 – Kenya Revenue Authority, Kainuk
- PDP No. TCC/KKM/341/2022/04 – Kenya Revenue Authority. Kakuma
- PDP No. TCG/LWA/341 /2022/03 – Kenya Revenue Authority, Lodwar
- PDP Ref . No. KAP/126/2022/03- Formalisation of Existing Sites for:
- Kapsabet Ardhi House
- Livestock Slaughter House
- Poultry Slaughter House
Environmental Impact Assessment
- Tai Lifestyle Limited, proposes to establish and manage an asbestos corrugated sheets disposal site. The strategy for disposal will be pit burial at a depth of 3m which will be excavated and lined with concrete and high density polythene to prevent soil and underground water contamination. The dimensions of each pit are as follows; length 36m, breadth 14m and height 3m. The expected volume of the asbestos corrugated sheets is approximately 30,000 tonnes. The disposal of the sheets will be sectional, using and closing up filled up sections accordingly. The proposed project will be on Plot L.R. No. 12177/68 in Sagalla,Taita Taveta County.
- Central Rift Valley Water Works Development Agency proposes to develop Mumias-Kimilili sewerage project which has three main sewers namely M-1, M-2 and M-3.The proposed sewer originates from Ekero market and traverses to the East of Kakamega-Mumias Road (C40) and will cross Mumias-Bungoma Road (C33) near Finito sports pub as it discharges to the proposed M-3 trunk . The line serves the areas of Ekero market and Ekama and towards areas to the East of Ekero market and Ekama.
- Central Rift Valley Water Works Development Agency proposes to develop Mumias-Kimilili Sewerage project in Kimilili Town, which has one main trunk sewer namely k-1, the proposed k-1 trunk mamsewer originates from Kamusinga area, north of Kimilili town centre. It reverses the banks of river kibisi, with two major paved road crossings on Kimilili – Kipsokwony road and Kimilili – Kamukuywa road. It then discharges waste water effluents to the proposed Kimilili waste water treatment plant located in south east of Kimilili municipality. The sewer will serve areas of Kamusinga, Kimilili town centre, Kimilili market, Jonaf Farm, Khamulati, Kimilili- Kamukuywa road, Kimilili – Kipsokwony road, areas along the bank of river Kimilili/Kibisi, Matili TTI and Maeni areas. The specific areas to be served within this catchment include Moi Girls Kamusinga, Friends School Kamusinga, CBSM Kimilili school, Kory Family hospital Kimilili, Kimilili bus top, banks, shops, offices and institutions within the CBD, Western province police training institute, Kimilili market, Kamtiong market and Maeni market. The trunk will therefore serve a huge portion of the town.
- Local Authorities Provident Fund (LAPFUND) intends to construct a Commercial mall, a 5-Star Hotel, a Modern warehouse block, an office block, petrol station, kindergarten, residential apartments and Parking lots within its premises on plot L .R. Nakuru Municipality Block 7/554 located along Nakuru-Kisumu Road in Nakuru County.
- Devki Steel Mills Limited, proposes to develop a wind farm that will consist of 12 wind vestas V90 3MW turbines which are pitch regulated upwind wind turbines with active yaw and three blade rotor, with all necessary auxiliary facilities, overhead power lines and access roads. This turbine has a rotor diameter of 90m with a generator rated of 3.0MW. The electricity generated will be fed to an existing nearby substation and power transmission grid within the premises of Devki Steel Mills Limited. The project will be located on Plot No. South Samburu Group Ranch/88 Kwale County.
Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission Chairman, Wafula Chebukati has gazetted that postponement of the elections scheduled for Tuesday, August 23, 2022, until notice vide another Gazette Notice. The postponement affects the following elective positions:
|County Name||Elective Position||Constituency Name||County Assembly Ward Name|
|Kitui||Member of National Assembly||Kitui Rural||All|
|West Pokot||Member of National Assembly||Kacheliba||All|
|West Pokot||Member of National Assembly||Pokot South||All|
|Nakuru||Member of National Assembly||Rongai||All|
|Meru||Member of County Assembly||North Imenti||Nyaki West Ward|
|Nairobi City||Member of County Assembly||Embakasi East||Kwa Njenga Ward|