National Assembly Bills, 2021
- The Persons with Disabilities Bill, 2021
Legislative Supplements, 2021
- The Medical Practitioners and Dentists (Medical Institutions) (Amendment) Rules, 2021
- The Chief Justice of the Republic of Kenya and the Chairperson of the National Council on the Administration of Justice, appoint the following members to the National Council on the Administration of Justice (NCAJ) Committee on Anti-Corruption, for a period of three (3) years, renewable from 18th February, 2022.
- Dorcas Oduor (M s.) SC, Chair – Representing Office of the Director of Public Prosecution;
- Emily Kamau (M s.) – Representing Office of the Director of Public Prosecution;
- Obadiah Kuria – Representing Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI);
- Regina Muriuki (M s.) – Representing Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Faith Ng’ethe (M s.) – Representing Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Diana Watila (M s.) – Representing Independent Police Oversight Authority (IPOA);
- Kennedy Bidali – Representing Judiciary;
- Wanjiku Manyara (M s.) – Representing Kenya Private Sector Alliance;
- Jane Odiya (M s.) – Representing Law Society of Kenya
- Angus Kimega Masoro – Representing Kenya Prisons Service;
- Julie Wahonya (M s.) – Representing Witness Protection Agency;
- Sophie Sitati (M s.) – Representing Office of the Attorney-General; and
- Irene Omari, Secretary – Representing National Council on the Administration of Justice.
- The Supreme Court recess shall commence on Thursday, April 7, 2022, and terminate on Tuesday, April 19, 2022, both days inclusive. The duty Judge will be available during recess to deal with urgent matters. During this period, the Supreme Court Registry shall be open to the public from 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m on all weekdays other than public holidays.
- The Easter Recess of the High Court and Courts of Equal Status shall commence on 7th April and terminate on 19th April, 2022, both days inclusive. In court stations with a single Judge, the matters emanating therefrom will be handled in the nearest High Court station where a Recess Duty Judge is sitting which shall be indicated in the Station’s Notice Board by the Presiding Judge of such single Judge Station. During the Recess, the offices of the aforesaid courts, including registries, shall be open to the public from 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on all weekdays other than the public holidays.
- The Cabinet Secretary for National Treasury and Planning appoints various persons to be members of the Board of the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS), for a period of three (3) years, with effect from the 10 th January, 2022.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Sports, Culture and Heritage appoints various persons to be members of the Council of the Kenya Academy of Sports, for a period of three (3) years,with effect from the 8th February, 2022.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Sports,Culture and Heritage has appointed the Organizing Committee and Steering Committee for the Summer 2021 Deaflympics in Caxias do Sul, Brazil, dated 8th February, 2022.
- The Governor of the Central Bank of Kenya has gazetted the 49th Monetary Policy Statement, 2021, dated 8th February 2022.
- The Cabinet Secretary of the National Treasury and Planning has gazetted the Statement of Actual Revenues and Net Exchequer Issues as at 31st January 2022:
- TOTAL ISSUE TO NATIONAL GOVERNMENT:
- Original Estimate: 2,823,004,859,042.00
- Exchequer Issues: 1,431,214,524,690.90
- Balance: 1,391,790,334,351.10
- Total Recurrent Exchequer Issues:
- Original Estimate: 1,106,555,313,426.00
- Exchequer Issues: 617,783,960,978.70
- Balance: 488,771,352,447.30
- Total CFS Exchequer Issues:
- Original Estimate: 1,327,220,068,220.00
- Exchequer Issues: 650,133,124,984.30
- Balance: 677,086,943,235.70
- Total Development Exchequer Issues:
- Original Estimate: 389,229,477,396.00
- Exchequer Issues: 163,297,438,727.90
- Balance: 225,932,038,668.10
- TOTAL ISSUE TO COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Original Estimate: 370,000,000,000.00
- Exchequer Issues: 171,835,282,775.00
- Balance: 198,164,717,225.00
- GRAND TOTAL:
- Original Estimate: 3,193,004,859,042.00
- Exchequer Issues: 1,603,049,807,465.90
- Balance: 1,589,955,051,576.10
- TOTAL ISSUE TO NATIONAL GOVERNMENT:
The following applicants made applications to the Communications Authority of Kenya for grant of licences dated 18th February 2022:
|Name||Station Identity||Licence Category|
|Patalink Limited||Revival Wave TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Salt Ventures Limited||New Breed Connect TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Myconnect Media Limited||My connect TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Rualma Investment Limited||Goodwill TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Christ Tabernacle for Elect Ministries||Voice of the Bible Network||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|All Access Communications Limited||Milome TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Overcomers Logistics Limited||Mountain of Fire Television||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Azma TVT Limited||Kididi FM||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Waldai Communications Limited||Waldai FM||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Dickens Media Services Limited||Dickens FM||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Deep Dives Communication Limited||Vox Radio||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
LAND & ENVIRONMENT SECTOR
Environmental Impact Assessment
- The proponent, Kenya Railways Corporation proposes to rehabilitate 65km of the Leseru-Kitale Meter Gauge Railway line which traverses through Uasin Gishu, Kakamega and Trans-Nzoia counties. The National Environment Management Authority invites members of the public to submit oral or written comments within thirty (30) days from the 18th February 2022 to the Director-General, NEMA, to assist the Authority in the decision making process regarding this project.