• The Public Procurement and Asset Disposal (Amendment) (No 3) Bill 2020
• The Business Laws (Amendment) (No 2) Bill 2020
• The Anti-Doping (Amendment) Bill 2020
• The Community Health Services Bill 2020
• The Political Party Primaries Bill 2020
• The National Flag Emblems and Names (Amendment) Bill 2020
. The Senate will hold a special sitting on Monday 21st December 2020 at 2:30 pm in the Senate Chamber, Main Parliament Buildings Nairobi to consider the amendments of the National Assembly to the Tea Bill Senate Bills No. 36 of 2018.
- The Supreme Court of Kenya recess shall commence on Monday 21st December 2020 and terminate on Wednesday 13th January 2021 both days inclusive. A duty judge will hear and determine applications for the certification of urgent matters and any other matters as provided under the Supreme Court Act and Rules. During this period the Supreme Court registry shall be open to the public from 8:30 a m to 5:00 pm on all weekdays other than public holidays.
- The Court of Appeal Christmas recess shall commence on Monday 21st December 2020 and shall terminate on Tuesday 12th January 2021 both days inclusive. During the period, the Registry of the Court will be open to the public from 9:00 a m to 12 noon on all week days except public holidays.
- The Chief Magistrates Court at Naivasha intends to apply to the Chief Justice for leave to destroy various records, books and papers.
The Cabinet Secretary for Lands and Physical Planning has appointed Rose Nabiswa as the Registrar of the Estate Agents Registration Board for a period of three (3) years with effect from the 2nd November, 2020.
The Cabinet Secretary Agriculture Livestock Fisheries and Co-operatives intends to operationalize the National Co-operative Policy. Consequently, a taskforce has been constituted and members appointed with the mandate to initiate and develop a framework for-
a) Implementation of the National Cooperative Policy Interventions
b) Review of the Cooperative Legislation
c) Co-operative Institutional Reforms and
d) Cooperative Capacity Building.
The Cabinet Secretary for Education has appointed Jire Siyat as a member of the Council of the University of Eldoret and Bernard Muchiri Iria as a member of the Council of the Pwani University for a period of three (3) years with effect from the 18th December 2020.
The Commissioner of Customs and Border Control has appointed an area in Uasin Gishu County within the area delineated in red on the Africa Economic Zones.
- The Registrar of Political Parties has given notice that Kenya African Democratic Union Asili (KADU Asili) intends to effect change on the Party Constitution and the Symbol. Any person with written submissions concerning the intended changes should deposit them with the Registrar of Political Parties within 7 days.
- The Registrar of Political Parties has given notice that Wakenya Sote Party (WASP) has applied for provisional registration. Any person with written submissions concerning the intended registration should deposit them to the Registrar of Political Parties within 7 days.
- All Trade Unions and Federation of Trade Unions Employers Organizations or Federations have been notified of the receipt of application for registration of Kenya Environmental Health and Public Health Practitioners Union. Kenya Union of Domestic Hotels Education Institution and Hospital Workers have thus been notified to submit in writing any objections against the applicants within 21 days.
FINANCIAL SERVICES SECTOR
- The National Treasury and Planning has published in the Gazette, a Statement of Actual Revenues and Net Exchequer Issues as at 30th November, 2020.
- The Assets Recovery Agency has given notice to Muazu Bala and Chief Executive Officer Kenya Airways that the High Court has issued preservation orders in Nairobi High Court Miscellaneous Application No E035 of 2020.
- The Assets Recovery Agency has given notice to Kimaco Connections Limited and Peter Kulu t/a Pescom Kenya that the High Court has issued preservation orders in Nairobi High Court Miscellaneous Application No E34 of 2020.
- The Insolvency Petition of Cytonn Investments Management PLC is directed to be heard before the High Court of Kenya at Nairobi on the 21st January 2021 and any creditor or contributory of the company wishing to support or oppose the making of an order on the said petition may appear at the time of hearing in person or by his advocate.
TRADE & MANUFACTURING SECTOR
- The Customs and Border Control Department has published a list of goods in the Customs Warehouse – ICDE Nairobi and Forodha JKIA and issued a Notice that if they will not be entered and removed from the Warehouse within thirty (30) days they will be sold by public auction on 19th January 2021.
- The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority has published in the Gazette a list of applicants that had applied for various air service licenses. Any representation in favour of or against any application should be made in writing to the Director General Kenya Civil Aviation Authority within 21 days.
- The Competition Authority of Kenya has notified the general public that the proposed Acquisition of Control of certain assets of Bamburi Special Products Limited by Yellow House Limited was not completed due to the termination of the agreement by parties.
The preparation of the below-mentioned Part Development Plans is complete:
a) PDP Nos 332/2020/33 34 35 and 36 Part development plans relating to land situated at Wajir Town
b) PDP Nos 326/2020/01, 2359/2020/01 Part development plans relating to land situated within Garissa County
c) Plan Ref 332/20I9/21 of the formalization of the Existing Wajir Energy Centre development plan relating to public land situated in Lafaley Wajir County was completed on 23rd October 2020.
Environmental Impact Assessment Study Reports
- Kenya Power Pension Fund, proposes to develop a high rise residential property of 16 floors comprising of 288 units two and three bedroom apartments on plot LR No 2/31/3 Kirichwa Road Kilimani Nairobi City County.
- GIZ is proposing to construct a Decentralized Treatment Facility and associated infrastructure in Kakuma for refugee and host communities on a 20acre piece of land sited at Nayanae Ngitira village in Lonyoduk Sub location Kalobeyei. Location of Oropoi/Kalobeyei Ward Turkana West Sub County Turkana County.
- Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops, proposes to develop a total of 1164 Units of hostels (8IN0 Quads units 334No Triplex units 100No Single units 532No Suite units 118N0 Executive units) waste water treatment plant associated facilities and amenities on Plot LR No 24832/4 off Langata Road along Seminary Road Karen in Nairobi City County.
- Kilifi Water and Sewerage Company Limited proposes to install a sludge handling facility for waste water treatment Kizingitini Area on Plot No Kilifi/Mtwapa/508 at the outskirts of Mtwapa Town within Kilifi South Sub county in Kilifi County.·
- Pahk Steel Mill Limited, proposes to develop a Steel 1 Mini – Mill for Steel Products Manufacturing from Molten Scrap Metal on Plot L R No Lari/Kirenga/1414 and 1415 Lan Sub County Kiambu County.