Senate Bills, 2020
The Constitution of Kenya (Amendment) Bill, 2020
The Political Party Primaries Bill, 2020
The County Allocation of Revenue Act, 2020
Legislative Supplements, 2020
The Excise Duty Act— Adjustment of Rates for Inflation
The Registration of Persons (National Integrated Identity Management System) Rules, 2020
- President Uhuru Kenyatta has revoked the appointment of the Chairperson and members of the National Quality Control Laboratory.
- President Uhuru Kenyatta has appointed Prof Lukoye Atwoli to be the non-executive Chairperson of the Mathari Teaching and Referral Hospital.
- The term for the Taskforce on Enhancing Access, Relevance, Transition, Equity and Quality for Effective Curriculum Reforms Implementation was extended for six months, with effect from the 1st July, 2020.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Education has re-appointed Burua Sanga Shumaa and Sammy Koskei Milgo, to be members of the Board of the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority.
- The Cabinet Secretary for ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs has appointed the Chairperson and several people as members of the Complaints Commission.
- The National Government Constituencies Development Fund Board has appointed with the approval of the National Assembly, the members of National Government Constituency Development Fund Committees for various constituencies.
- The National Treasury has published in the Kenya Gazettte the statement of actual revenues and net exchequer issues as at 30th September, 2020.
- The Commissioner of Insurance has cancelled the registration of Royal Blue Insurance Brokers Limited.
Application for licences
|Name & Station Identity||Licence Category|
|Mwonyamo Visual Limited / Mwamogusii Audiovisual Television||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Stewards Media Services Limited / Stewards TV||Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Starwave Investments Limited / Wasya FM||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licenc|
|Action Africa Help Kenya / Ref FM KK||Commercial Free to Air Radio Licenc|
|Apple Masters Limited||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Meva Solutions Limited||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Kina2015 Classic Limited||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Kasese Line Limited||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Executive Special Limited||National Postal/Courier Operator Licence|
|Sema Data Limited||Network Facilities Provider Tier 3 (NFP-T3)|
TRADE & MANUFACTURING SECTOR
- The Director-General has reviewed and developed Qualification Packs, National Occupational Standards, Curricula and Assessment Guidelines to standardize industrial training in Kenya and operationalize the Industrial Training Schemes. The Qualification Packs and the National Occupational Standards define the Standards of Performance required by the industry for various job-roles.
- The Director-General has developed new national industrial training schemes to regulate and standardize industrial training in Kenya.
- The Registrar of Companies has published in Kenya Gazetted the names of companies which have been dissolved.
- The Registrar of Companies has published in Kenya Gazetted the names of companies which will be struck off the Register of Companies.
- The Co-operative Tribunal has ordered the Commissioner for Co-operative Development to carry out an inquiry into the affairs of Banana Hill Matatu Sacco Society Limited.
- The Commissioner for Co-operative Development has ordered an inquiry into the affairs of Rumukia Farmers Co-operative Society Limited.
- Kereto Marima gives notice that he ceased to act as the receiver over specific assets of East African Cables Limited, with effect from the 1st October, 2020.
Completion of Development Plans
- Plan No. MKS 812020101 —Mavoko Integrated Strategic Urban Development
- Plan No. MKS/2020/2—Nairobi-Malili Transport Corridor Integrated Strategic Urban Development
Environmental Impact Assessment Study Report
- The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company (KETRACO) is currently constructing a 400kV 100km transmission line that will subsequently link Kenya and Zambia through Tanzania. As part of corporate social responsibility (CSR), KETRACO further intends to further construct a network of low voltage power distribution lines aimed at mainly connecting public utilities to the national grid at Lot K2, Kajiado County.
- Mumbi Limited, is proposing to drill geothermal exploration wells within Kiambogo—Thome—Eletnentaita Geothermal prospect area approximately about 218km2 with the aim of providing steam to be used for electricity generation in geothermal power plants. at Kiambogo—Thome—Elementaita in Gilgil Sub-county, Nakuru County.