Legislative Supplements, 2022
● The Pensions (Amendment) Bill, 2022
● The Cancer Prevention and Control (Amendment) (No 2) Bill, 2022
● The Public Service (Values and Principles) (Amendment) Bill, 2022
● The Equalization Fund Bill, 2022
● The Parliamentary Pensions (Amendment) Bill, 2022
● The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (Amendment) Bill, 2022
The President of the Court of Appeal has gazetted a notice that the Court of Appeal Christmas, 2022, recess shall commence on Wednesday, December 21, 2022, and shall terminate on Thursday, January 12, 2023, both days inclusive.
The Cabinet Secretary for the National Treasury and Planning, Ukur Yatani, has gazetted the Statement of Actual Revenues and Net Exchequer issues as at 31st October, 2022. Below is a summary of the statement:
● TOTAL REVENUE
○ Original Estimates – 3,344,302,389,366.00
○ Actual Receipts – 883,388,355,364.74
● Total Recurrent Exchequer Issues
○ Original Estimates – 1,378,399,425,393.00
○ Exchequer Issues – 358,349,393,357.75
● Total CFS Exchequer Issues
○ Original Estimates – 1,371,310,752,402.00
○ Exchequer Issues – 359,398,370,310.70
● TOTAL ISSUES TO NATIONAL GOVERNMENT
○ Original Estimates (Kshs) – 3,174,602,089,366.00
○ Exchequer Issues (Kshs) – 796,391,318,703.35
● Total Issues–Equitable Issues
○ Original Estimates (Kshs) – 370,000,000,000.00
○ Total Cash Released (KSh.) – 85,368,394,460.00
● GRAND TOTAL
○ Original Estimates (Kshs) – 3,544,602,089,866.00
○ Total Cash Released (Kshs) – 881,460,212,863.95
● Exchequer Balance as at 31.10.2022 – 2,364,391,352.39
Election and Boundaries Commission
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission has appointed the Returning and Deputy Returning Officers for purposes of the 5th January, 2023, by-election exercise for Member of Senate for Elgeyo Maiakwet County, Members of the National Assembly for Kandara and Garissa Township constituencies and Member County Assembly for Shella Ward in Lamu County.
A notice has been gazetted that all prices for electrical energy specified in part II in the schedule therein will be liable to fuel energy cost charge of 636 Kenya cents per KWh for all meter readings taken in November, 2022.
A notice has been given that all prices for electrical energy specified in part in the said schedule will be liable to a foreign exchange fluctuation adjustment of plus 140 81 cents per kWh for all meter readings taken in November 2022.