· The Appropriation Act, 2020
· The Finance Act, 2020
Special Sitting of the National Assembly
A special sitting of the Assembly shall be held in the National Assembly Chamber, Main Parliament Buildings, Nairobi on Wednesday, 15th July, 2020, morning and afternoon sittings, commencing at 10.30 a.m. for purposes of—
· reporting of any Messages received from the Executive and the Senate
· tabling of the Report of the relevant Committee on the consideration of the nominee for appointment to the Office of the Auditor-General
· laying of any Papers relating to further measures taken or proposed to be taken to address the COVID-19 Pandemic and related emergency in the country
· The Attorney-General has for the purpose of finalizing the formulation of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Policy, extended the term of the National Steering Committee for Formulation of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Policy.
· The Advocates Complaints Commission is notifying the public that from the 1st April,2020 to 30th June,2020, the Commission received a total of seventy seven (77) new complaints and submitted them for enquiry under the Preliminary Enquiry initiative.
The Proposed Decentralised Treatment Facility (DTF) Project in Gaturia Sub-Location, Muhito Location, Mukurweini Sub-County, Nyeri County
· Othaya Mukurweini Water Services Company proposes to develop a decentralized treatment facility with capacity of 50 m3/day and associated components operator’s house, incinerator and a fence around the facility.
The Proposed Project Design for the Proposed Lokichar to Lamu Crude Oil Pipeline (LLCOP) in Turkana, Samburu, Isiolo, Meru, Garissa and Lamu Counties
· LLCOP Joint Development Agreement Partners represented by Pipeline Project Management Team (PPMT). The LLCOP Project is a stand-alone element of the Lamu Port, South Sudan, Ethiopia Transport Corridor (LAPSSET), a key component of the Kenya 2030 strategic vision.
TRADE AND MANUFACTURING
· The Cabinet Secretary for Energy has extended the term of the Inter-Agency Committee on Independent Power Producers (IPPs) Power Purchase Agreement (PPAs).
· The Cabinet Secretary for Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Co-operatives has appointed members of the Board of Bukura Agricultural College.
· The Cabinet Secretary for Transport, Infrastructure, Housing, Urban Development and Public Works has appointed the members of the Ad-hoc Committee for the delineation of the boundaries of Thika and Ruiru municipalities in Kiambu County.
· The Kenya Accreditation Service has gazetted Accredited Conformity Assessment Bodies.
Energy and Petroleum Regulatory Authority Schedule of Electricity Tariffs
· a fuel energy cost charge of + 240 Kenya cents per kWh
· a foreign exchange fluctuation adjustment of + 39.64cents per kWh
· a Water Resource Management Authority (WRMA) levy of + 2.12Cents per kWh
· an inflation adjustment of + 30cents per kWh
for all meter readings to be taken in July 2020.
Agriculture & Food Licences
The Agriculture and Food Authority proposes to grant licence to the following applicants
|Name of Applicant||Purpose of Licence|
|Voi Point Limited||Marketing Agency License|
|Kilifi Plantations Limited||Marketing Agency License|
|The African Mirage Training and Management Consultants Limited||Marketing Agency License|
|Tuzera International Limited||Marketing Agency License|
The Communications Authority of Kenya has gazette applicants for grant of the licences
|Name||Station Identity & Licence Category|
|Conqueror Media Limited||Conqueror TV / Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Humble Touch Investments Limited||Humble Touch Television / Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Theophilus Media Limited||Theophilus TV / Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Dominion Broadcasting Network Kenya Limited||Dominion Broadcasting Network / Television Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Shekinah Glory Media Limited||Shekinah Glory Television / Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Simba Spectrum Limited||Simba FM / Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Ibse Gummi Communication Limited||Gummi Radio FM / Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Paran Africa Limited||Paran FM / Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Fekan Events Limited||Ecclesia Broadcasting Network / Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Kiheo Television Limited||Kiheo Television / Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Pokot Television||Pokot Television / Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Kong’asis Media TV and Radio Limited||Taach FM / Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Realprime Ventures Limited||Somal FM / Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Sasa Media Services Limited||Oyominto Television Network / Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Kilunda Television Network / Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Juniors General Suppliers and Contractors Limited||Sahan FM Mandera / Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Edgelock Security Limited||Smart TV / Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Itata FM and TV Limited||Riri Television / Commercial Free to Air Television Licence|
|Jantcom Limited||Radio Safari FM / Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Western Television Company Limited||Sasa Radio / Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
|Western Television Company Limited||Aviation FM / Commercial Free to Air Radio Licence|
FINANCIAL SERVICES SECTOR
· The Director of the Assets Recovery Agency has gazette a court order that prohibits Rigathi Gachagua and Jenne Enterprise Limited from transacting in several accounts at Rafiki Micro Finance Bank.